Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I did it...YAY

I spent Monday and Tuesday in the training course presented by Werres (a company that supplies Raymond Warehouse Equipment) It went well and $2100 billed to my company later, I'm official. I can train people on the follwing pieces of warehouse equipment (as well as operate them, though I rarely actually do)...

The Stock Picker (some know it as cherry picker or order picker)...drives like a car, but goes up in the rafters so that individual boxes can be picked... you have to be harnessed into this equipment so if you fall you don't go Splat...

The F4 (sit down forklift, called the F4 in my facility because it has four wheels...go figure)

The F3 (Stand up fork lift) differs from regular forklift because you are standing and only has three wheels...

The Walkie Rider (basically a pallet jack you can ride or pull along side of you) pretty fun, but one of the most dangerous pieces of equipment because people get on them and leave their common sense at the door...people have shattered elbows, broken their faces, run over other walkie riders etc....


Not pictured here are the Reach and Double reach truck...(like a F3, but bigger and has a reach mechanism which extends the forks further than a normal forklift) Once my boss certifies me to operate these (which won't happen anytime soon because the new hires we have coming in will be pretty much only using the aforementioned equipment) I'll be able to instruct others on how to use it.

I'm very excited about this. I'm also excited about the fact that I have 9 contractors that will be transitioning into Fulltime slots with the client company with in the next couple of weeks. I haven't had anyone get hired (due to hiring freezes) since November of last year. EXCITING. I'm so happy for them. It makes my job a little better because most of the time I give folks a sense of false hope because that's what I'm told to do...I do what I'm told to keep my job and then feel guilty when she doesn't work out...well for at least nine of my folks shit is going to work out and for this I'm not only grateful but SUPER EXCITED.

2 comments:

My heart said...

Awesome job T! Im very proud of you! You are great at what you do! Good job Babe!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

cool equip...i know because i use to walk through the warehouse and dodge these things.

congrats on becoming a trainer.

Blog Archive