Monday, July 27, 2009

The Zoo....woohoo

I love the zoo. Granted the one near where I live is rather small in comparison to others...it gets the job done. Jen and I got up Sunday morning, got lil man moving, picked up Mandi and headed out for a day of adventure at the zoo. (I want to go to the National Zoo...it's only about 3 hours away from me in DC...but I'll have to wait til my money is right. The Baltimore Aquarium is also on the list, but I digress.)

So we get there. I'm a little skeptical about the day ahead as my sister Mandi who went with us is now in her eighth month of pregnancy, has been known to fly off the handle at nothing and well it was hot...I was concerned to say the least. I was proud of her she maintained despite heat that felt like 180 degree temperatures and random little kids that were running around and totally needed their asses beat...though I'm at the point where I'm realizing that sometimes it's the parents that need their ass beat lol. But anyway. It was a good trip.

One of my favorites is the Prairie Dog exhibit...they are so funny to watch and I found one who was rather photogenic and enjoyed having his/her picture taken.

We stopped to take the most unflattering photo EVER... lol. But whatever I'll rock it, haha. We're still sexy as hell...(more cushion for the pushin' right, haha--yeah that was lame) but anyway....the butterfly bench is also a fave of mine at the zoo for some reason. Jen was a real team player through this whole thing because she pushed lil man around in a cart the whole time, up hills, down hills...we were all tired to say the least.

At first lil man didn't want to have his picture taken on the butterfly bench, he was hot and tired of sitting still (when Jen pushed him at least he had a breeze)... after everyone else started doing it he wanted to have his picture taken too... he had a good time overall....

The giraffes hid in the shade (as most of the animals did....it was effing hot) I mean hell, the temp was as high as giraffe pussy...(you know I couldn't resist) though I think this one's a guy...you get the point.

The rhino amused me yesterday as well. I never noticed how flat their lips are but this one was kind of scooting his face around the ground...he laid down and huffed and all you could see was a cloud of dust roll out in front of him...good stuff.


I had a good time, as did the rest of the group. Though I think the next Sunday outing will need to be somewhere air conditioned like the Aquarium or Children's Museum--at least until fall or winter.... I'd rather be cold and layer lots of clothes than sweating my balls off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cahonies? yes

nuts? yes

but balls?

you?

psssh, no way.....silly girl.

tommy said...

My boss gave me a pair of spongey pink wanna be golf balls that are now glued to the top corner of the bulletin board in my office...so yes...I am a proud owner of a nice set of balls...he he he

Blog Archive