Monday, July 6, 2009

Annoyed

I hate having to rely on someone else to be reliable in order for me to perform my job to the best of the abilities. Today is Monday--payroll day. I work in a warehouse, but not for the warehouse company (does that make sense)? I work for a staffing agency that provides labor to the warehouse and I am the on-site supervisor. Normally, a cool gig--today however, I am completely annoyed.

You see, in order for me to do my portion of payroll, I have to hope that someone from the actual client company will show up that can print time cards for me because I do not have access to their system which manages time. Translation: once again the person who normally prints out time cards so that I can verify hours and submit them so that my contractors get paid is once again NOT HERE.

The secondary person, who I feel like should have a great sense of urgency, as she used to work for my company but recently transitioned after a layoff and now works for the warehouse company is swamped because she is doing her work, plus the work of the other girl in HR. Really??? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that I'm on the to do list at all, but here it is 8:23 am...I'd normally be finishing up time card verifications, noting any corrections that need to be made by this point of my Monday and have them ready to take to the 8:45 meeting so that the various warehouse supervisors and Ops managers can approve the hours of my contractors...

Not today, Not today...Nope--Today will be spent hunting down supervisors in the warehouse, begging for signatures, in addition to my normal responsibilities which include, but are not limited to: reporting daily information to my boss at the main office, coaching/mentoring of contractors, getting things ready for tomorrows all contractor meeting (where I have to speak mind you) and I have a phobia of speaking in front of crowds....

Can I just fast forward to Friday evening....I HATE MONDAYS!!!

On a happy note, I have vented and The secondary person just brought me the time cards, let's see how quick I can be with verifications and not screw up peoples hours. Fun and exciting...Oh happy day.

No comments:

Blog Archive