Monday, July 13, 2009

Blah blah blah

It was one o'clock this morning when I climbed into bed. My mind still racing and having a hard time winding down. Chino kitty, who had been a little needier than normal ALL DAY was right by my side, purring and getting cat hair all over the clean sheets.... Pepper finally crawled into bed nestling up against my back with hers. (She enjoys having my mom and dad stay at grandma's because they bring her buddy Earl...so she gets to play nonstop and then has options as to where she wants to sleep, though her options were limited last night because she and Earl wouldn't stop playing and mom and dad were trying to sleep...so they sent her back my way.)

The alarm clock said 2:42 am when I woke up exhausted and thinking to myself, who am I kidding...why did I set the alarm for five (knowing damn good and well that I had not honest intentions of getting up that early, after only 3 1/2 to four hours of sleep to work out of all things... ha. I got up, walked across the room and reset the alarm clock to six...climbed back into bed and crashed hard core. The alarm went off on schedule and I got up and turned it off, only to set a quick alarm on my cell phone to get just a couple more minutes.

My phone rang--it was mom, "Shouldn't you be getting up, what time do you have to leave for work?" Got up, showered, dressed, fixed cereal for the road and left. Made it to work on time (starting the week off right I suppose), went to a start up meeting with my contractors, made sure everyone that's supposed to be here is (I have a skeletong crew here today because the volume for the warehouse is low, so instead of about 50, only 11. Days like this make me wanna just go home early...I mean I think 11 people can behave themselves without me here...but I wont know until this afternoon which calls need to be made and who needs to be here tomorrow.

I talked to Herb, the guy who invited me to go along on the fishing trip on Saturday, he said, I would have called you if I could have (I don't give my phone number to anyone at work unless they are a supervisor or manager and directly relate to my job function)--he's a cool guy and I'd hang out with him outside of work with other people around, but I'm not exactly trying to have my phone number readily available to people that don't need it...I told him I had overslept, which wasn't a lie--more of a stretching the truth situation. He told me that they couldn't even go. Apparently, they called the place on Friday and the boat had already been chartered for the day, so we are going to have to charter it in the future in order to have this trip happen (and I really do want to go)....so that's cool.

I haven't talked to my boss yet, I know she's not going to care if I came or not, but I feel bad personally for flaking out and opting to stay in my pjs rather than actually go out and attempt to have a life. I just wasn't up for company or to be around people. I mean hell, I hid out upstairs because my mom and grandma bickering back and forth over dumb shit like manilla folders and the proper way to file things was putting me over the edge.

I've seen Jen a few texts since she's been gone, though I have no way of knowing whether she's getting them or not. When she called yesterday to tell me she landed safely she hadn't received my text from an hour prior (I'm so not a phone person) and she's visiting her folks and catching up with her son, so I want her to focus on those things, not me.

I forgot to put gel in my hair and I look extra fuzzy...but I will survive. My boss just called me, she's not in the office today so I have to call her cell if I have anything come up. She said her Dad's bday party went well, her mom will be calling me to get her skunk streak (root touchup) done before her anniversary cruise at the end of the month and I apologized for being a flake and flat out told her that I opted to sit in the dark in my pjs and be weird...she was cool with it...life goes on.

For now, I've got a meeting to get to in the warehouse. I'm going to exercise this evening and perhaps finish cleaning and organizing everything. Mom is making a pot roast so that's exciting... perhaps to bed at a decent hour, who knows...A lot can happen between now and then.

1 comment:

Helen McGinn said...

Nothing weird about choosing to sit in the dark in your pjs...I think that's just a gal thing. Hope lots happened which involved you sleeping, winning the lottery and eating the best pot roast ever!
xx

Blog Archive