Friday, July 17, 2009

Age is only a number

So I ran out to the store last night for mom and dad--I got home with lil man and realized that I had laid his stuff on top of some paychecks I had to mail. I dropped them by the post office, before five, making sure they wouldn't be delayed, thereby pissing somone off and potentially having my car keyed or something else fucked up.

I go to Cabin Towne...this place thats like a gift shop (they sell dolls, crafts, marijuana supplies with stickers that say for tobacco use only, candles, etc) but most people just go their for reasonably priced smokes. I bought my mom and dad a carton of Marlboro Lights in a box and had mom's bank card to pay with it. The lady carded me for cigarettes first of all (which okay is fine...) but what killed me is that she looked at my ID and overreacted. She did a double take at the year I was born (perhaps reading it wrong) and said...wow, you look great. But not in a complimentary way, more in a holy shit you're that old I'd never have guessed.

I could understand this happening if I was 73 and my ID suggested I was say 32...but I'm only 28. I'm glow in the dark white so I'm thinking it's my lack of exposure to natural sunlight that keeps me looking so youthful and vibrant...or it could be the fact that I am in fact young enough to feel offended by this lady thinking I should be all wrinkly and buying geritol in bulk. What the freaking fuck?

2 comments:

vixen kitten said...

Geez you're a baby! I kinda remember 28!

Now...I love the new look of the blog, and I love the "sometimes I pee when I laugh" button.

I may need to steal that!

xoxo
~vk~

tommy said...

Yeah I gave the page an overhaul today at work...I mean hell, it's friday right :)

Blog Archive