Monday, July 6, 2009

Skinny Dieters?

I love quotes. I spend a lot of time at www.quotegarden.com because I can pull up a topic for the day based on how I'm feeling and what not and just get lost. Today I found these fabulous treats:

I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge. ~Paula Poundstone

That's a quote I can relate to, plus Paula Poundstone is just an hilarious comic. I remember seeing her on comedy central several times...always made me laugh)

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. ~Author Unknown

That quote baffles me and pisses me off at the same time. That's the gayest supposed inspirational shit I've EVER heard. How does one know how fabulous thin feels when she came out of the womb plus size. Ugh... It's a good thing the author is unknown, otherwise I'd have to google the idiot who said it, go to their house and hit them in the forehead with a snickers bar or something out of shear principle.

When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad. ~Janette Barber

I found this amusing as well. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've thrown out things I shouldn't be eating and really considered digging it out of the trash to finish it. I can't help it, I have a love hate relationship with food. I love it and it hates me in the most offensive fashion.

Why is it that when you are trying to better yourself (like I am, but in baby steps)...there is always someone who comes along and tries to screw it up for you. There is this girl that I work with, a few years younger than me, so in her mid 20s who is maybe like a size 3, if that. She's obsessed with losing weight. She's always loudly counting her calories talking about how gross she is and what not....I really just want to shake her and be like "Bitch, shut up and eat a cheeseburger before you blow away." I'm not generally one of those angry "big girls" that hates skinny women by any means. There is a lot that comes into play in the area of weight and you'll never know ALL of someone's circumstances.

It just irks me to know end when skinny women talk about how fat they are and this and that...I want to scream, are you kidding me I'D KILL TO BE ABLE TO BUY CLOTHES THAT SIZE AND HAVE THEM ACTUALLY FIT, to get clothes at a bargain rather than have to rely on overpriced clothing like Lane Bryant and what not.

I just don't understand it. I love myself and I want to better myself so I'm at the point where I'm doing it little by little. I've never been a little girl...hell, my senior year of high school I was a 16, but I was curvy and sexy...now I'm just REALLY CURVY and sexy, lol. But for real, it's discouraging to be working so hard at something (though I know there are things that I still need to improve, such as my eating habits) but I'm getting there, only to have someone rail then everything short of a super model suck the life out of me and go on and on and on about how she feels guilty for eating a big sandwhich...or taking too many breaths of air...how many calories are in air again...OH MY GOD SHUT THE HELL UP WILL YOU.

Go put yourself in Time out before I'm snap and begin force feeding you cheeseburgers and candy bars--JUST MAKE THE INSANITY STOP.

I'm much like Cathy from the comic strip (remember her? She was always dieting and stuff was always going awry...What is this world coming to. I've got well over a hundred pounds to lose to get to where I ideal want to be and if I kill her it's going to fuck up my progress thus far (the little I've made) because I'm going to have to barbeque her and eat her to hide the evidence....eww. Just kidding...I kinda just vomited in my mouth.

I guess I can get off my soap box for a minute...I mean it's lunchtime and all...priorities priorities priorities.

5 comments:

Donna Gotlib said...

I can't imagine spraying cookies with RAID!!!!!

Elizabeth A. said...

That little number on the scale. It bothers all females

I've been every size between a 2 and 16, currently a 12. You have no idea how thin you are until you aren't that thin anymore. I found a pair of my jeans from college and was totally shocked my thighs fit into those 6's just three years ago and at the time was upset because I couldn't fit into my 4's.

I totally feel where you're coming from because I was the really thin girl always working out and trying to stay thin, though I was never a calorie counter. Didn't learn that skill until it was time to lose 50 lbs. It's almost funny now. You are very right in that everyone's situation and self perception is different and the best we can do is just try and be healthy and make the right food choices for ourselves not our clothing store.

Helen McGinn said...

*LOL* Maybe you could use her as a sugar free popsicle? xx

vixen kitten said...

I say throw her on the grill! I have a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's in my pantry just waitin for the right cook out. I'll bring it on over....k. :)

Hang in there sweetie and just keeping working at it. Looks like you have a lot of support here and that always helps.

xoxo
~vk~

tommy said...

I'm truly weak over here...ya'lls comments are HILARIOUS :)

Blog Archive