Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yep...she's back

So I have already reported and shared the fact that grandma is home but it didn't dawn on me dawn on me until yesterday--4th of July that she is really back (in EVERY sense of the word). I had forgotten how random she can be from time to time but was reminded during A Capital Fourth on PBS last night (I stayed with her while the rest of the fam went to see fireworks.)

Aretha Franklin was singing the National Anthem where grandma out of no where says the most inappropriate shit I've ever heard...she looks at me and says..."I'll never understand why they have to always niggerize it like that." OKAY WHOA LADY...you were only gone a couple of months, did you forget what decade this is? I've never heard such racial shit come out of her mouth.

There was this time that she made a comment about immigrants or some shit which turned into a rather heated discussion between the two of us...and she used to have issues about my "lifestyle" but since then has totally warmed up to the concept. She still for whatever reason responds to the "Grandma we need to talk" as, "you're pregnant.." I just wanna shake her and be like really lady...WTF? She's forever trying to hook me up with any repairman, delivery man, and or Terminex man that comes to do anything at the house...but her most recent comment left me floored. I just wanna shake that lady sometimes.

No comments:

Blog Archive