Monday, July 6, 2009

The Secret is in the Sauce

So my girlfriend Jen told me about SITS (The Secret is in the Sauce) after I shared with her how excited I was when I received my very first comment on one of my blogs. Granted I haven't been blogging too terribly long, but I blog a lot so I'm already up over 100 posts and considering the randomness of my blogs in general I was quite excited to have a following of 3 (though 1 had to get rid of her blog because of a stalker issue, which brought me back down to 2, and well truth be told, one of those is Jen...so okay just 1 follower)...

The thing is it's not about the following for me (though that is hella exciting aspect as well) because I read a quote somewhere that said something along the lines of do not write for your audience, something about write as if you have no audience at all (okay who am I kidding...I can't remember the quote, but in searching for the exact quote again, I found this one instead and I REALLY like it:

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow

That to me is it exactly. I can be my true self and it can be deemed totally acceptable. I'm going to write...sometimes people may not understand it, nor agree with it, or even like it for that matter, but I'm going to write... It isn't about who is or isn't reading this blog, it's about getting the thoughts out of my head before they ravage me and drive me insane. It all makes sense in the long run. If you write to appease an audience then you are stifling your true self, if you are writing because it's what you are passionate about (whether the topic be pistacios or world peace) You'll be heard...even when people don't know they are listening.

Anyway...I'm excited by this SITS thing. I want to be exposed to new thoughts and ideas. In the past my guilty pleasure was Myspace...I cancelled that account...then I gave Facebook a try...nope that wasn't for me either. Blogging however is something that I was meant to do. It just works for me and staying true to myself is important to me.

So anyway if anyone reads this and is curious, the aforementioned SITS site can be reached through the pink and leopard print icon on the side of this blog. Maybe you'll be interested as well.

No comments:

Blog Archive