Monday, July 13, 2009

Tattoos

So I feel like switching up the current vibe my blog has....here lately everything is so blah and dramatic, deep and dark, and just jumbled in general. Since I'm currently in the mood for another Tattoo (and because I just spent three hours organizing my photos on my computer so I could find stuff I was looking for, I thought I'd share my current tattoos...) In no particular order of course:


This tattoo is on my forearm and is for my Grandmother (yes the one I live with)...she is a breast cancer survivor. When the doctors told her she had cancer a few years back, been almost four years now--they gave her the option of having her breast removed or chemo/radiation...She looked the doctor square in the face and said, "I'm 75 years old what the the hell do I need it for." :) Now she is 79 and has one boob, to which she will proudly flash at most anyone without warning...she's not a shy lady.

This tattoo is one of my older ones. It's on my chest and when I got I joked that it was because I drank a lot and when I woke up in random places needed help remember who I was. Most people ask if its my boyfriends name...ugh, as if. Back in my clubbing days when I was thin enough to pull off a tube top, I was out on the dance floor--this guy walks up to me and asks me as he runs his finger across my chest (the tat is actually right above my left boob), "So, uh, what's the other one named..." Fucking men...lol

This totally needs to be redone and or covered up...

Left outer ankle, a gay boomerang, lol. Rainbow for obvious reasons...When my grandfather was alive, anytime I was having a bad day he'd look at me (the best he could considering he was blind and only saw shadows), and ask, "What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?" I'd smile and repsond "A stick." It never got old and anytime he was down, I'd do the same for him...


Top of right foot--Gemini symbol (it's my sign...duh) I got this one because of how stereotypcially gemini I really am... many gemini's have bipolar like qualities, lol

Right Outer ankle...this one was my first tattoo. I got it to represent footprints in the sand, the rainbow-like colors actually look more Rastafarian these days, but hey, it is what it is...I was always drawn to rainbows, even before I knew "the secret code," sike, lol. I drew this one and took it to the artist to be put on...mom went with me--she knew I was going to get the tattoo regardless of what she said when I turned 18, so on my 18th bday she drove me to make sure the place was legit and clean...She didn't pay for it however, that was my responsibility


This Tattoo is on the back of my left calf...a tribal butterfly (again with some age on it) Butterflies to me represent a metamorphasis that occurs prior to the butterfly actually emerging...I had gone through a great deal prior to this tat, and the tat itself represents the transformation and growing after the fact during that portion of my life...


This tattoo is on my right shoulder. It is a "in memory of" piece that I drew/designed and had put on. My uncle Charlie died when I was 18, he took his own life when he was just 22. We were really close, he was my mom's youngest brother...she was 16 years his elder...I took it pretty hard, but got this tattoo so that he'd always be with me...and he always said he "had my back" so the putting it literally on my back just made sense to me.

This tattoo is in the center of my back (the pic was taken shortly after getting bitten by a tick so I was still broke out, but nonetheless) this represents the ocean/crashing waves...Thats the one place I can go and no matter what just wash away all of my concerns (I'm a little overdue for a trip come to think about it)...


Left shoulder: Pegasus...a mystical creature of sorts is my reminder to never stop dreaming and reaching for the stars....(I got this one and another in the same day, along with a piercing, I was not loving life afterwards)...

This is my newest tat, on my left wrist (palm side)--not the best pic, but hey it'll do. My nickname, Thomas :) with a star because dammit I am one, lol. A SUPA-Star at that, hahah....


Right inner arm, between elbo and arm pit, haha--My design...Lucky in Love... kind of self explanatory I'd say :)

Finally, Tattoo number 12 (I think) is a turtle. My sister and I got matching turtles which was my gift to her for her college graduation. She quit school to get married and finally was at a point in her life where she could go back and finish. It in a way cost her her marriage and happiness for a short period of time, but I felt the turtle represented our situation well, "We may be slow as hell when it comes to getting stuff done, but we eventually finish it" IN her case, her degree which took her four additional years to complete because of her "break" and me, who will be done in October. She got hers on the top of her left foot, mine is on my inner left ankle (most painful tattoo yet)--the turtle is also facing behind me as a reminder that, "Hindsight is 20/20"



That's it for now...I really want another one, but the time isn't right. My uncle and I go and get tats fairly reguarly now, we alternate who pays and that type of thing...he makes a shit ton more money than I do so he has been known to turn his head and not necessarily make me pay up, haha.
I have a tattoo in my head right now, but don't think its quite right yet...only time will tell I suppose

1 comment:

vixen kitten said...

I love the stories behind each one!

I already had something picked out for my back, was suppose to be for my birthday, but now I want something for Sweet Pea instead. I just don't know what yet.

~vk~

Blog Archive