Monday, July 6, 2009

Mondays

So like a good portion of the population, Mondays are not among my favorite day. I find myself waking up (after not nearly enough sleep because I was too greedy and didn't want the weekend to end) to find myself drained beyond belief and wanting to fast forward to at least Friday so that Saturday lingers just around the corner and I can be found nestled in the covers sleeping in and just being lazy.

I had a theory in which I thought I might write a letter to someone requesting that Mondays just be removed from Calendars in general so that I as well as the rest of the world no longer have to endure dreaded Mondays.

My letter writing was halted however when I snapped out of my "blonde moment" and realized that even with Mondays gone, the issue would continue only people would begin to hate Tuesdays...and what the heck did Tuesday ever do to me (or anyone for that matter).

Nobody wants the weekend to end, but I guess I'll just have to continue to curse mondays at least until I win the lottery and don't have to worry about coming to work anymore. I could be an eccentric millionaire instead and just pretend like Mondays don't exist but that the weekend gained an extra day....or five of them....my weekend would be from Saturday to Friday... yes my friends, a nonstop weekend.

I mean hey, a girl can dream can't she? Ugh...Monday continues....Boo Hiss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a firm believer that Mondays and Fridays should be rolled into the weekend. They're already unofficial members of the weekend in one form or another (both are holidays, Mondays are usually sick days and Fridays are shortened days). It just needs to be done now, we've farted around enough. The new work week will be tuesday-thursday and we'll all be ok with it I'm sure.

tommy said...

Exactly!!! I'm thinking that working two to three days a week and still getting paid for five to six is completely acceptable in my book...companies would run more efficiently and call out rates would decrease for sure. Well Said Jude.

Blog Archive