Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pepper Puppy

The ad said, "free puppies" and well I was on the market. The ex had moved out and taken her evil as dog with her and I had talked to grandma about getting a puppy. Grandma's words were,"Doll baby, you can get anything you want, just please don't leave me" (no pressure right...) I'll end up living with her until I'm forty I'm sure. I called the number listed and arranged to meet up with her the following Saturday.

I picked her out of the litter. She wasn't the first one I picked up, actually the second and I just knew...she was the one for me. Actually, had there been any doubt in my mind it had subsided after the look she threw me that said..."you aren't possibly considering putting me back in that tiny box with my brothers and sisters....get real lady...put me in your truck and lets go."


Her first few days at her new home...look at how little she was....

She was 3.4 pounds when I got her, but quickly started filling out. This picture was from her first trip to the beach. She didn't want to go near the water then, just wanted to dig and eat sand. Nowadays...she yanks me into the ocean behind her...she loves it.

She loves long walks on the beach and diggin... lol.

Another one of her passions includes car rides (truck rides in this picture...) long trips are the best....but she's just as content riding to the mailbox with her head out the window.



Now, she's a year and a half old and such a beautiful girl. She's content doing most anything so long as she's getting the attention she knows she deserves. Her hobbies include: cuddling, eating litter critters, digging, riding, playing, chewing, fetching, and pretty much anything that makes her the center of everyone's attention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart dogs! and it looks like she picked a winner too.

my little ziggy loves the cat's fudge nutties too and harley(my other dog) won't even think about going near the litter box.

your pup has such expressive eyes.

vixen kitten said...

Oh Pepper, you heart stealer, you!

I can't believe how tiny she was. Pea loved car rides too, even if it was just to the store for groceries. She also loved "kitty treats." There was nothing worse than coming home and seeing litter stuck to her wet nose! Now Honey has discovered the tasty morsels too! *sigh*

The pic of her and Chino together and the one of her nose covered in sand are my favorites.

What a cute family you have there, Doll Baby!

xoxo
~vk~

PS...THAT is the perfect name for you!

Helen McGinn said...

Aw! She's gorgeous. We have a fish. I'm not happy. x

tommy said...

Awe...I'm sorry Helen...I'll let you borrow her for a short period of time if need be...but it's going to cost you, haha.J/K...you can't borrow her lol.

Blog Archive