Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Self discoveries and fabulosities

So over the last few days I've been kind of reflecting...attempt to figure things out in general and to stay motivated to do the things that I need and want to get done. One of my classes requires a portion of the work to be done by Wednesday at 11 pm which leaves me little room for procrastination to say the least--not to mention its a business simulation and I am part of a team and we work together to make the biz successful starting with Research and Development and I find myself why the hell I opted for business in the first place to be my major when I have no real interest in it AT ALL...but alas, it's generic and I can do a lot with it so it will work out fine. I do have to figure out the software used for this course to make this "business" successful...I don't know what the hell is going on really.

Everyone knows I'm a junkfood junkie...normally I crave things like chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, sometimes with a splash of caramel or anything of the sort...but for the past week I've been craving things like fruit juices and smoothies...like cold/fruity combos if you will. I went to the grocery store yesterday to buy some V8 Splash because I love it (and the Diet version isn't ridiculously loaded with sugar...), I picked up some Honey Bunches of Oats with Peaches because I just really dig it and it's been hitting the spot (and is easy to eat with milk on the way to work while driving, lol), and found myself on the ice cream aisle. I had found the skinny cow icecream that had been suggested to me before (would insert names of those who said I should try those here to link to their blogs, but I haven't figured out how...but would love to know if anyone wants to share: blogger for dummies, lol) But for what I was craving I just wasn't feeling those....I instead had had sherbet stuck in my head for a while. I just really wanted some which is odd because I've never really cared for Sherbet....but I bought a tub of Pineapple and Raspberry in keeping with my fruity sweet cravings.

Let me tell you that Pineapple sherbet is like THE BEST THING EVER!!! Oh my god, I seriously took one bite of it's smooth, light, fabulousness and seriously creamed my pants (sure tmi...but I'm not even kidding) It made me happy in places that ya'll don't even want to know about...IT WAS THAT GOOD. It may be my new favorite guilty pleasure and if you haven't tried Pineapple sherbet I highly recommend it.

Yesterday I graduated to a new DVD with the Hip Hop Abs collection. I'm glad too because I was tired of doing the same two and alternating them. Yesterday was Total Body Burn and dear god let me tell you I'm feeling it today. Could hardly walk...total body burn is no joke for real. Today I'm supposed to do an older one (fat burning cardio) plus hips, buns, and thighs which I haven't done yet so this should be interesting. I've stopped allowing myself to feel guilty if I miss a day or two because my demons take over and would prefer I sit in the dark with my pjs on...I'm allowed a break every now and then, so long as I stick with it in the long run. This weight isn't going to fall off by itself you know.

Finally, I love thrift stores. LOVE THEM. You can't let yourself get disappointed because there are somedays you'll find something awesome and others you'll feel like you wasted a trip out... I have my favorite thrift stores that I go to on the regular, but switched it up this past weekend while out with my sister. (baby clothes are fun to buy at thrift stores because they are inexpensive and most of the time practically brand new, because they are worn for such a short period of time--she's the pregnant one, but I'm the soon to be aunt who really digs buying baby clothes--though my sister has many rules...for instance, she will not allow clothing with characters on it (i.e. Elmo, Pooh, etc), no animal print riff raff, nothing with fake fur, nothing that looks hoochie-fied and way to old for a baby, etc the list goes on) but I digress. Well thrift stores are also great because its one of two ways that I'm green. The second is peeing in the shower to save on water...I mean lets be real, it makes sense to pee in the shower when you first wake up in the morning and not have to flush the toilet...it's not like I'd do it while sitting in a bath...eww. But anyway....Sunday's find was:


I'm wearing them today in the warehouse and I noticed they were getting dirty and I needed to get a pic of them before they got WHOA dirty...I washed them on Sunday and today was the first day they were dry and on my feet they went. A men's 6 (equal to a woman's 8) and my new to me, patent leather shiny SUPER GAY, Adidas sneakers. I'm in love...

Now If I could just find a pair of Sperry Topsiders in mint condition at the thrift store I'd be good to go...Or some Birkenstocks...Fun FUn Fun.... These shoes really have made my day because I look down and see my feet and think clown on crack...hhahahaha....

Good times. Good times.

3 comments:

vixen kitten said...

I'm still giggling at "clown on crack!"

Great happy post! Looooove the shoes. Love pineapple sherbet!

Have a beautiful day, Sugar.

xoxo
~vk~

Anonymous said...

Great sneaks! but you're allowed to walk the warehouse with out safety shoes? ;)

tommy said...

Yep...the warehouse here doesnt require steal toes, just shoes that are sturdy and cover your feet all the way around (the kicker is I have to watch out for the jackasses that are lunatics when it comes to driving equipment and potentially running me or my feet over)...

Blog Archive