Friday, July 24, 2009

Limbo

I went this morning to my normal 8:45 meeting and was yet again reminded of how easily I am excluded from things at work. I've mentioned before that I'm in limbo with work. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy what I do for the most part and what have you, but don't necessarily fit in with a particular category.

At the 8:45 meeting I was just asked to leave (granted it was done nicely, in a way that suggested it was my idea when the GM looked at me and said...Tommy,You don't have to be here for this meeting.) Translation, please leave we have business to discuss that you don't need to to be privy to. This happens from time to time because I work as the On-site supervisor for a staffing company that supplies labor to the distribution center...the 8:45 meeting is a distribution center thing and normally I'm included, today however was on the out skirts of my "need to know" classification...as in, I DIDN'T NEED TO KNOW.

The other part of my limbo issues include the fact that while I work as a supervisor for the staffing company, I'm doing it as a contractor. What this means is that things/functions that occur for the internal employees, I'm excluded. Most of the time I don't lose sleep over it, but it's a slap in the face when the entire office goes on an outing to Busch Gardens for the day (company paid) and they ask you to come and answer the phones rather than ask if you want to go. Same thing with Christmas parties and stuff like that.

The limbo continues...blah. I've just got a little while longer to finish my degree and then decide where to go from there....for now...the limbo is tolerable so I'll keep it moving.

3 comments:

Taryn Zerner said...

Hi there, Darling!
Stopping by from SITS and wanted to welcome you to the SITStahood! Welcome aboard!!!

Love,
Taryn
http://www.lovetaryn.blogspot.com
http://www.lovetaryn.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah, don't take the exclusions as personal it's all business. I worked on site where there was a mix of companies (subconts, contract mfger's, staffing) and leading group meetings meant sometimes asking people to leave. Mostly because the next subject didnt concern them and I wanted them to use their time in a better way. But if you were in one of my meetings....hmmm different story. ;)

tommy said...

LOL--Jude you always make me laugh :)

happy friday

Blog Archive