Tuesday, July 7, 2009

She called me out

Okay so I had a revelation last night (well not really, Jen called me out...but it's something I had been aware of for a while). Even though I gave up soda and what not all I've really done is find a sugar substitute. By substitute I don't mean Splenda, or equal or sweet n low...nope...that would be too smart...too easy...I mean POPSICLES. Lol.

Those wonderfully delightful frozen treats...you cut the top off and push them up and enjoy what awaits you (essentially frozen sugar water, lol). I wasn't going to do Hip Hop Abs last night, but at the last minute opted to (only to make it difficult to fall asleep because I was all "pumped up" and not so much in relax mode any longer)... I'm still glad I did it. I had Jen measure me and while neither one of us think we are measuring accurately....but it seems that I've already lost about 4 and half inches off of my bottom half (though I might have gained an inch or two up top) HA..I don't freaking know. I feel better when I do it thats the important thing.

Now if I can lay off the sugar for a while I'll be in real good shape. Whats the moral of this morning's most random you ask? I need to buy the stuff to start making my own popsicles. Lol. The question is do I finish off the ones that are left in the freezer as to not be wasteful or just give them to my brother and his girlfriends kid? Ugh...decisions decisions.

I'm kind of boring myself always talking about hip hop abs or soda or sugar or whatever...but its weird its like you alter your lifestyle to try and make healthier decisions and you become more aware of the situation at hand. I don't want the concept of weight loss to consume my life in terms of conversation and what not...I still want to be able to function in a group with other topics and what not...I dunno...it's difficult to explain.

Oh well...I need to do some work. I was a few minutes late this morning. I almost called out, I had two excuses to choose from. But since I couldn't choose between a case of "anal glaucoma" (not being able to see my ass going to work) or merely surviving monday I figured I might as well come in...its not like I have sick time to take advantage of and I need as many hours as I can get.

5 comments:

Helen McGinn said...

Ah, sugar free popsicles rock. ;O) I discovered these ice lollies (as we call 'em over in not so sunny Scotland) called Skinny Cow. They are around 90 cals and come in triple choc....yup, TRIPLE. And mint and others but who cares, there is TRIPLE choc.
I too have been changing habits and losing weight, so I totally understand so good luck and you can do it!
Helen xx

My heart said...

THATS RIGHT!!!!!!!! I CALLED YOU OUT!!!!!!!!!!! jk love you!

tommy said...

Helen--

Good luck to you as well...I'm going to the store this afternoon in search of these fabulous treats you spoke of...I stopped reading after TRIPLE Chocolate, lol...

Thanks

vixen kitten said...

I had a major Diet Pepsi habit. Like 18 or so cans a day. I was chain drinking can after can all day.

When I decided to give them up I found that what I really missed was the fizz or carbonation. I switched to sparkling water, and my cravings were cured. I've been clean for over 7 years now!

I'm not sure if it would work for you, but maybe give it a try. Good luck with your healthier way of eating and working out! It's hard sometimes, but worth it in the end.

xoxo
~vk~

PS The skinny cow ice cream is TO DIE FOR! I love the ice cream sandwiches....especially the mint chocolate ones. Mmmmmmm.

tommy said...

Yeah...I haved looked to sparkling water for Solace many times...I'm just not always in a fruity mood though so it still sometimes leaves me wanting something more. It works for the time being though...I'll figure it out :)Thanks

Blog Archive