Saturday, July 4, 2009

Grandma's home

So Grandma came home Friday morning. No more quiet evenings at home and free range of the kitchen and fridge/freezers...no more just streaking around the house not giving a shit, and alas, no more tossing the laundry in and taking off the clothes I'm wearing so that every single piece of dirty clothing I have can be washed at the same time...

Don't get me wrong--I'm super glad that she's out of the nursing home and back to her own crib to finish recovering...she has a doctor's appointment on Monday and she'll know then how much longer she has to go without putting any weight on her leg.

She's come a long way. For the first few weeks after her fall she wasn't even able to get out of bed, they had her on oxygen and everything...now, she wheels herself around in the wheelchair--her bad leg out with the good one scooting her, hollering things such as, but not limited to: Move, BEEP BEEP, Ima run you over (craziness)

Anyway, Mom and dad have moved in temporarily to assist in her recovery. The in home nurse comes by tomorrow to see if she needs anything and what not. This is so weird...on a normal day when it's just me and Gma, there are like no visitors (or when there are its during my work hours...) now--its me and Gma, mom, dad, My sister and my aunt have been over and my cousin who lives across the field and never visits has been over today as well.

Anyway...I'm sure there will be many grandma stories to come, but for now at least she's home.

1 comment:

vixen kitten said...

Wow, that's a lot pf people under one roof!

Wishing Grandma a quick recovery and you and those you love a very happy 4th.

xoxo
~vk~

Blog Archive