Monday, June 1, 2009

Yeah...I'm 28 now

So I havent blogged in a hot hot minute but I'm going to write one real quick like and start to get you guys caught up. For my birthday I went with Jen to Hatteras, NC. We relaxed and took it easy and didn't really stick to a schedule, where the vibe was uptight and must do this this and this type of thing...totally just chilled.

We laid on the beach for a bit on Saturday but not long enough to get any sun. She took me to dinner and I introduced her to fried broccoli which she LOVED. Just enjoyed her company altogether. She took harassment from my family like a champ...(you see the fam discovered that if you make barfing noises or do the dry heaving thing that it makes Jen almost throwup...) now they know her weakness they totally tried out the concept. Anyway...

We woke up Sunday morning early enough to spend a good amount of time on the beach...I started drinking at 8:30 in the morning (vodka and oj) with breakfast. By 1130 I was wasted on the beach. I was singing at the top of my lungs and just didn't care. I fell in the surf trying to push Jen in the water and nearly drown trying to get my big ass up out of the waves just from laughing soooo hard. I called my sister and the minute she said "hello" I rapped...."I'D BE LIKE SO, I LOVE MY BABY MAMA I NEVER LET HER GO." Yeah totally out of character and Jen had never really seen me intoxicated before...

I sobered up so I wouldnt have to pee every three seconds on the drive home. We went to my bosses house for a cookout full of lesbos....had a good time, but didnt stay long (my boss is still calling me a pussy cuz I never stay very long at her place)--but shit, she lives in norfolk, a freaking hour away from my house and I can't exactly drive there and then drink a lot and drive back and well in this instance Jen had to work that monday...so anyway...good times.

On the way home poor Jen, the sober one...my designated driver for the day scraped the rim of my front passenger tire on the curb of Azalea Garden Road and jacked it up. I don't hate her for it, but I was a little bummed to say the least because well I've only made one car payment on her and she's already had her first accident. :( But it is what it is...and I love my girlfriend more than my car but I cant say that too loudly in front of my car cuz that would just be bad...but it is what it is.

I got a quote to replace it when I can (no rush obviously) it's nothing I'm going to lose sleep over...I was going to replace the radio in it one day too...so when I have extra cash I'll just have to decide which is more important to me at the moment.

Overall it was a great birthday. I went with Jen to Michaels yesterday to spend part of my birthday gift from her. I bought some more canvases and a shit ton of paints and that type of stuff so when the mood hits I'm ready to paint again. She bought me some brushes too so I'm set. NICE.

I bummed her out for a bit (last time I'll mention it and then I'll drop it) and realized that I'm like the shittiest girlfriend ever because sheh bought me Rockband for Playstation and I basically totld her to take it back because it would never get used enough to justify the expense. (Ive never done some shit like that over a gift...but I couldnt stand the thought of it just sitting in the box chilling when thats not a cheap game.) Yeah I know I suck as a girlfriend. I don't know how in the hell she puts up with me...I really don't.

Hell just spending time with her on my birthday would have been more than enough. I wish dad hadn't eaten all of her fried mushrooms before she could have tried one thought. LOL.

No comments:

Blog Archive