Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's official--I'm a nerd

So it became official yesterday when I pulled up to the mailbox to grab the mail and began opening it on my way down the lane--looking up intermittenly to avoid running over a squirrel or rabbit, or a donkey, goat, or horse that may have escaped from their pen...

I got to a letter that was from my school--opening it, wishing it was a refund check for tuition or something, knowing damn good and well it wasn't...though the contents were a lovely surprise.

It was a letter informing me that I am eligible to wear a special cord on Graduation Day (my last three classes run from July 6 to Sept 29, with granduation sometime in October)--exciting. Apparently, Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society is inviting me to become a member because of my academic acheivements (the requirement is a minimum of a 3.2 average).

I was pretty stoked. This whole time I've been getting more and more burned out and just ready to be done with this shit....and I hadn't really given a second thought to walking in the commencement service....NOW however I'm kind of stoked by the concept...

Yes folks, My name is Tommy and I'm a documented NERD :)

No comments:

Blog Archive