Friday, June 19, 2009

grandma pre-stroke concerns

So as it turns out I think my mom is trying to kill my grandmother. Just to catch everyone up Gma fell at the end of April breaking her femur, so a week following she was moved into a nursing home where she could do rehab and heal. She can't put weight on her leg for 10 to 12 weeks....and its been about eight so far Id say. So anyway, mom has been trying to organize Gmas areas of the house because she's a packrat and has stupid shit just piled everywhere.

I live with Gma and keep the house clean but I have given up on Gma's clutter because it stresses me out to think about it and the minute I throw something away she looks for it. We are talking everything from ketchup packets, dairy queen kid's meal bags, obituaries that she's cut out over the years, piles and piles of shit in general that just needs to be pitched.) So mom has cleaned Gma's bedroom and organized her closet and has pitched shit left and right....its a total transformation. In addition, mom also cleared off her desk which before didnt even have space enough to work at or even write out a check (now is spotless with all kinds of open space)...

For Gma's 79th birthday on Wednesday the 24th (exactly 2 months after her fall) mom is bringing Gma home for the day just to get away from the nursing home and get an idea of how its going to be wheeling around her house in a wheel chair and so forth...

She's due to officially be back home on July 3rd. Exciting (I'm so tired of going the effin nursing home everyday)--though the old people love me it seems...Its just a damn shame that Gma is going to make it home to finish her recovery after a traumatic incident like her fall, only to have a stroke because all of her shit has been thrown away.

Yep...mom is trying to kill her (Gma is my dad's mom by the way)...it got to the point where the other day mom gave Gma a disclaimer and said, "look this is going to sound ugly but we can clean it now or do it after your dead and just toss it to the side and not even go through it or care, at least this way you'll be able to enjoy your stuff and your space...."

Effin Crucial....hence my pre-stroke concerns

1 comment:

wisteria said...

Hi Friend,
I like you blog.it's very nice to see your blog. I would like to share my link with you.
Please visit www.racerwitz.blogspot.com

Thanks & Regards
Wisteria

Blog Archive