Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The definition of insanity

The definition of insanity is basically doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. With that said, I'm officially insane.

Once again I found myself sitting in the chair, looking in the mirror and explaining to the girl exactly how I wanted my hair to be (the final product if you will), I used very plain words and explained it in two different ways--First, as a skilled cosmetologist using the technical jargon and fun stuff and Second, as a regular person using laymen's terms in order to increase my chances of being understood.

What it boils down to is that my hair is finally growing out from the latest buzz cut (a 2 guard all the way around)--I go around thinking I look like GI Jane and then my sister points out that I look more like Pugsly Adams from the freaking Adams family (you know, they're crazy and they're cooky they're all a little spooky....) It was finally long enough that I could have pulled it through a cap and had highlights on the top (ya'll know where this is going right...)

So I tell her let's do a 4 guard on the sides and then work that down in the back to a 1. I DO NOT WANT THE TOP CUT...I'm quite happy with the length....she does the clipper cutting portion and I had asked if she would go around and texturize the top with thinning shears just so that it would spike better (it spiked okay, but it was really blocky) so before I know it this bitch has got regular scissors in her hand talking about I'm just going to blend it and I watch in horror as I go from hair the perfect length for Jen to grab in bed to like a centimenter longer than a fuckign buzz cut. Seriously, when I put my hands in it, barely anything stands past my fingers and what does is only because the shit is so even that I couldn't spike it even if there was enough to work with up their in the first place.

I'm so mad. I'm mad at myself most of all for going to get it cut when I knew I should've just done the shit myself. I generally cut my own hair and at least then it's up to my standards and it turns out that I listen to what I want....I've never been one of those women that was like, "OMG my hair..." but I'm becoming one just because I'm one fucking bad haircut away from going mother fucking postal.

And idiot me couldnt even say anything....I just sat there watching in horror....paid her and left because I knew had I said it out loud and acknowledged the fact that situation had just happened I would have taken the scissors out of her hand and gouged her eye balls out. Then i would have fucked up her hair merely out of principal.

I fucking quit. It's hair karma. Its because I quit doing hair all the time that this happens or something...i just don't get it. I know its just hair and it will grow back but really...this is effing ridiculous.

No comments:

Blog Archive