Monday, June 1, 2009

Things are looking up

So things are finally starting to look up for me. YAY.

I'm almost done with this quarter of classes...then three new ones from July to September and then I'm done....drum roll please...bachelor's here I come.

I now qualify for holiday pay at my job (I've been here over 9 months) but you have to hit 1500 hours to qualify.

My hours, effective today are now normal hours....so instead of the 7:30 to 12 that I've been working since April 7th and struggling to pay my bills (because I make too little to pay all my bills but too much for partial unemployment to help) I now work from 7 to 4 YAY!

I had new starts today which marks the very slow ramp up process to prepare for peak season in the warehouse. When I started this job I had 97 contractors at our heaviest point...as of this week I have 33...

My awesome boss totally went to bat for me (as our boss put it) and asked for me to get a raise since I'm doing such a wonderful job....granted it wasn't much because of the cuts that have been made but it was enough to make me smile.

Stuff in general just rocks right now. That's a great great thing.

No comments:

Blog Archive