Monday, June 22, 2009

Peaceful

I stayed up late last night helping my sister write a paper. By help I mean wrote it for her. By her I mean for the guy that's paying her to take the course for him (its an online Statistics class)...by far my least favorite subject, but I was able to bullshit some stuff about the application of standard deviation in everyday life.

I walked Pepper for one last time a little before one this morning and came upstairs to see that Jen had packed up my laptop for me so it was ready to be grabbed on my way out the door for work and was straightening up and turning off lights in the living room. That made me smile.

I had spent a good portion of the day switching the bedroom to the living room and the living room to the bedroom (it's really two bedrooms but I have it set up like my own little apartment upstairs at grandma's)--yes, that's how I roll.

So anyway, my intention was to also clean and organize the bedroom and perhaps work on some finals, but instead my sister called and I of course said yes. I'm making her give me twenty bucks though for the use of my bullshitting capabilities.

Tonight I'll have to take pepper for a walk, clean and organize the bedroom, perhaps hip hop ab it, and do a final or two....because tomorrow I'll have to clean the entire downstairs after work because Gma will be coming home for her birthday, just for the day to get her away from the old folks home.

Anyway, I digress--the point of this blog was to share how I felt when I got up this morning. I had only had a few hours of sleep which of course always sucks and leaves me dragging in general, but this morning was sort of different. I still haven't hung the curtains back up where I took them down to wash them so it was nice, bright, and sunshine-y....I realized that I was kind of freezing my ass off, because I had kicked off the covers. I looked over a Jen who was sleeping peacefully, snuggled under the covers. I could feel pepper curled up in the fold of my legs...(I generally sleep on my side), but the funny part was that Pepper had somehow managed to get under the covers, but there were none on me. I don't understand it because I was technically in between Jen and pepper and I was the only one not covered up. Oh well...the situation just made me smile. I hit the snooze button, looked at pepper who held her head up enough to say..."mom, don't rush...I don't have to pee yet," put my hand on Jen and slept for another nine minutes of my life. Oh how I love the snooze button.

Anwyay, I don't know exactly which part of waking up this morning put a smile on my face and put me a very happy go lucky peaceful demeanor--Jen being there or the dog curled up in the blankets just like Jen was...but whatever is repsonsible for it...I'm completely okay with.

No comments:

Blog Archive