Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Slumber at it's finest

I was in a cranky mood when i got home yesterday. After work I had picked up my Aunt Mel and gone to look into us both getting glasses. A store nearby was offering two pairs for 69.99, 99.99 for her bifocals. Turns out my vision is too terribly bad for that deal. You see, I require the thinnest lens possible because if they put my prescription into a regular plastic lens it would give me that bug eyed effect...you know the one...where my eyes would look like they are on the other side of a fish tank....scary.

So I opted to not get glasses right now...part of me is still determined to wear contacts fulltime...(though I'm not sure how I'll wing that even after allergy season because my eyes stay so tired all the time)...Well the interstate to get home was a parking lot so I took a scenic detour. I cut through lots of peanuts, soybeans, cotton, and corn....through historic Downtown Smithfield (Home to Gwaltney and Smithfield Sausage, bacon, pork products in general), down windy roads passing peacocks and road kill....

I had asked Jen to come out and stay the night and had planned on making tacos...yeah...that didn't pan out...I stopped and picked up pizza on the way home instead...I didn't get home until 8. Blah. I walk in to one of the most horrid smells imaginable, grandma was making Watermelon Rind Preserves....ugh...didn't even sound appealing (she normally makes Rind Pickle, but I don't eat that either)....I grab a bite to eat, go up to get things semi ready for bed and go help grandma get ready to go to bed. Jen got lil man ready for bed while all of this was happening.

We hit a new level in our relationship sense I have actually thrown up in front of her...something I make a habit of not doing to most people. It's odd that she didn't lose her cookies when normally just someone sounding like they are going to vomit, in real life or a movie sends her well on her way to puking herself.... I didn't feel good. I've been eating the same as normal, but here lately whether it's nerves or what I'm not sure, I get sick in the evenings. I hate throwing up. Anyway, it happened again last night.

I shower and get ready for bed myself and crash after about fifteen minutes talking with Jen. Lil man started out on a mattress on the floor, with Jen and myself in the bed. I woke up this morning at two am with the feet of a five year old diggin in my back and NO COVERS ON...he had somehow managed to wrap himself up in such a way that I couldn't get them untangled. It was freezing but I was tired...so I fell back asleep. At four oclock I woke back up not able to handle the cold anymore at the same time I rolled over (forgetting about the five year old clinging to my side) on top of him...he sat up with a WTF dazed and confused look, rolled over and went back to sleep. It was enough to get the covers free, though I didn't do it intentionally. The alarm clock light lit the room up enough that I could tell Jen was missing. What the hell, where is she at.

I sat up enough to see the opposite side of the bed and her knocked out cold where Lil man had originally started the evening....I went back to sleep. The alarm went off with absolutely no movement from the other two...I got up and moseyed about my day. Mom was in the kitchen frying bacon...freakishly cheerful for the early morning... (she doesn't stay the night anymore but does come over to help Gma get up and moving in the morning since I have to work)....

Then off to work I went....I wanted to call out so bad this morning. I'm sooooo tired. I have a group meeting tonight so I know that I won't be able to get to bed before 12:30 ugh... plus I still have two midterms to do...in addition to all my other work for the week. It's not looking like Friday is going to be an early day either....so I just wait for Saturday and sleeping in...and go from there.

I'm drinking a lo-carb monster this morning (nursing it really)...so far it's not helping. It would be better with some vodka in it. A 50/50 pour....good stuff.

2 comments:

Helen McGinn said...

Triple espresso usually does it for me....

tommy said...

helen--

Thats officially coffee, ON CRACK. lol

Blog Archive