Monday, August 3, 2009

Spectacles

I need new glasses. I have for sometime now...You see I have vision insurance through work that is actually fairly kick ass...well when I went in March or April (whenever tax refund time was) to get new glasses I opted for Contacts. I had decided that I wanted to have the option to wear sunglasses for a change or to just have a new look that didn't include glasses.

My insurance would cover either glasses or money towards contacts. I opted for the contacts. Got a pretty great deal for a years supply of contacts designed specifically for me and my astigmatism. Yay right...NO. Turns out that with age has come allergies that I've never had. So now I have a year's worth of contacts that I really can't wear because my eyes itch so bad I want to claw my eyeballs out as is, it's amplified when contacts are in. The doctor had given me a prescription for some drops but they were over a hundred bucks with insurance A MONTH...not happening...thanks for playing.

I have days where the allergins aren't too terribly bad where I get away with wearing my contacts for like maybe six hours...but I can't wear them in the warehouse because of all the dust and what not so Really this year supply will end up extending into the three and four year range...(which is okay because they don't expire until 2014 anyway...)

Well I couldn't afford glasses out of pocket, so I've been rocking the BCBG giraffe print sides transitions for about three years now...boo.

I just recently found this place however that offers free eye exams (which i don't need because I have the paperwork from my eye doc already) plus two pairs of glasses for $69.99. The place is called America's Best and they are online if you wanna check them out because I'm rather excited about this...but I'm going to go this week to order my glasses. The catch is that's basic lenses. I normally have the featherweight kind so that I don't have coke bottle lenses and look like a big dork...those cost extra...so I'm going to try and play off some thick ass lenses in some super fabulous frames and see if I can make it work...it never hurts to try right...

Hell worse case scenario is I just walk around looking like Drew Carey. Fuck it, I'm game.

No comments:

Blog Archive