Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Running late

Pepper woke me up nudging me and doing her pee pee dance with all sorts of urgency. I sat up...looked around the room, it was already light out. The alarm clock read: 7:21--FUCK ME I OVERSLEPT AGAIN...

Panic set in and all I could think was I have new starts today...I can't be late....fuck shit fuck.... but I was already 21 minutes late and hadn't showered, brushed my teeth or any of the necessities. I was so mad at myself....

I walked down the stairs to let me Pepper out and avoid any mishaps on the rug when I noticed the lights on downstairs...that's odd, Grandma is up already. Wait a minute...the tail end of Wheel of Fortune was on the boob tube.... Oh thank god I'm just having a "blonde moment"... I haven't colored my hair in months and my blonde roots must be coming in strong....(no offense)...it was 7:30 at night....

I had sat down upstairs and tried to get motivated to paint...but my eyes were too heavy to do anything so I opted for a nap while I had the opportunity. Two hours later I woke up in panic... once I calmed down and realized that I wasn't late for work, and thankful that I hadn't called my boss immediately to tell her I was running late (because I would have never lived that down)...I laid down for another hour....the heat took a lot out of me yesterday... thats what I get for hopping in a truck and helping unload it...

Whew....that was a close one.

No comments:

Blog Archive