Friday, August 28, 2009

Oh happy Day

It's FINALLY Friday. Finishing up another busy day at work. I can't complain about the week overall--you see, I've never actually had this much shit to do so while I can't blog that often from work, (which I had cut down on drastically anyway) it makes the day go by faster. I've been training new contractors and certifying them on equipment and lots of coaching and development activities...good stuff.

My boss is going out of town Tuesday afternoon and will be gone for a week. She's not a bitch by any means, but it's still nice to have a little more "freedom" than normal, plus some additional responsibilities for me, to help her not fall too terribly behind. She is going out to Wisconsin or Minnesota...I dunno--wherever the Gay World Series is being held this year. Exciting.

I had training scheduled for this afternoon but the dude showed up wearing Adidas sandals, obviously oblivious to the fact that this is a WAREHOUSE...who the fuck wears sandals to a warehouse...so anyway, I rescheduled him and told him to wear "real" shoes come Monday...that meant I had more time to get caught up on little things in the office, like organizing the file cabinet and things that I'm anal about but have been able to ignore for a bit.

When I get out of here, I'm headed to Chesapeake to buy hair color. Every 5 to 6 weeks I do my boss's mom's hair. There was so much pressure the first time I did it and I just knew she hated it the first time I did it, that was months and months ago and she keeps calling...so I guess it wasn't the case. It took us a couple of attempts to concoct her perfect shade of red though--we started out a little too punk rock for her I think, lol. Then off to Smithfield, to do the actual hair. I'm hoping to have a few extra minutes before I'm scheduled to be at her house because my favorite thrift store is in Smithfield and I'll feel AWFUL if I don't get to go while I'm already out there. Its the DAV, meaning all the proceeds go to Disabled American Veterans which I'm all about supporting. I used to want to be in the military, but I get tired of rules all the damn time...and besides I want shit my way, not how I'm told they should or need to be, but I digress.

Whenever I finish there its back to the homestead to say hi to GMA, change clothes and out again to Chesapeake (a lot of driving going on today)...I'm going to go see a late movie at Jen's theatre. I'm thinking Final Destination... my friend J needs to get out and my sister and aunt may go as well.

Yesterday, J was issued a final warning at work (she works for the client company that I work onsite for)...when I saw her she looked like she had been crying, so I closed the door to an office that wasn't even mine to give her a minute to pull herself together. The drama with her ex and them not speaking is really breaking her heart right now. She was all to pieces. To top it off, she can't keep her "happy pills" in stock because the monthly cost is more than she can afford...she's still "young" and hasn't figured out the responsibility related to Finances yet (hell I went through it...I went bankrupt for my 21st birthday for pete's sake... but now I pay my bills and you'd never even know as far as my credit goes which is great...guess that means I'm a grown up)...anyway her bank account was in the negative again because of overdoing it for the ex... etc...after talking I said, "you'll feel better after a smoke..." SHE WAS OUT OF CIGARETTES...dude was killing me, lol. I made her come to my office on lunch and get my bank card (since I don't carry cash) and use it to go buy herself some cigarettes. She knows that the things she's dealing with right now she has to man up and handle on her own, but I just reassured her that I'd be an ear if she needed it. I try to not give her too much advice since I'm kind of brash and it comes across wrong often times. Today she was in better spirits and said she wanted a sugar mom, but not just a regular one, she wanted her to be old as shit, like "one who if she tried to do anything sexually would turn to dust she's so old"... I was like, what the hell do you have against older women dude... she was apparently kidding... I'd like to see her end up with someone she has stuff in common with...she doesn't need a sugar mom, she just needs to get her shit together, grow up and stop making excuses for things... she'll get there though I'm sure.

By the time the movie is over, Jen will already be at my house, lil man will be asleep and hell, she will too potentially... if so she's gonna get woke up... I see a little kinky fun in her future... of course that might just be a smudge on my crystal ball, lol. I'm going to take lil man to my aunt to watch him a few hours tomorrow morning so I can clean gma's part of the house and do some homework then we're gonna hang out and play legos... maybe i'll get him to help me wash my car or something... who knows...

Either way, I've got a lot of shit going on as always. I still havent started any of the papers I have due in two weeks. I need to tighten up. Fuck me. Happy Friday.

1 comment:

vixen kitten said...

I want to come and play legos!

Honey and I are actually stopping by a few auctions today that have them listed. I may come home with a new treasure!

I hope your weekend is beautiful, Sugar.

xoxo
~vk~

Blog Archive