Monday, August 31, 2009

The Mother's day painting

This was the original painting that I did for my mom for Mother's Day. (the one that she brought back to me a few weeks ago and asked me to "fix" because the yellow streaks in the sky bothered her. Really? Okay, so not my best work but I liked it and the yellow light from the lighthouse was/is my favorite part.


Rather than repaint that one and try and get it to the point that she'd like, I just did a new one (at least until I decide if I'm going to paint over the original or not) This one she is supposedly happy with. Mom has been told to not expect any artwork probably ever again...(she already has a lot of my stuff framed, mainly water colors, a sculpture, and some metal work--she's good in my opinion)...Its hard enough for me as it is to paint something for anyone these days because I'm not confident with acrylics but I enjoy using them... no one wants to put themselves out there and be shot down... (well I can't speak for everyone, but I know I don't).

2 comments:

Helen McGinn said...

Tommy, that is lovely.

Anonymous said...

I like both paintings and I thought the yellow streaks added a nice touch; love the sky in the second one. Didn't know you have the artsy fartsy in you, you're very talented.

Blog Archive