Monday, August 24, 2009

The Honest Scrap Award


There are three rules for this award:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Forward the award to 10 bloggers.
3. List 10 honest things about yourself.

Let me start by saying that Jude at 7senses totally made my day today. I came into work this morning and it was HELL...for a lack of better words. A typical Monday multiplied by three and I just didn't feel good. But when I checked my blog and discovered that she had given me an Honest Scrap award--I WAS STOKED. Jude is good people...she's a fabulous blogger and secretly my hero (well I guess it's not so secret now, huh?) Thank you again Jude... You're a real rock star. I stole her pic for this thing too FYI...

I feel like the following ten folks deserve this award...(crap, do I even follow ten folks...Jeez...lol)

1. Well Jude is a given...lol...I don't know that I can count her or not though...

2. Jen of course. There's a good chance I'm biased here... Not only is she a wonderful girlfriend, she is a dreamer and I love that. She blogs about a little of everything...even after I've burst a bubble of hers, or two :) Whether sharing her excitement over new lip gloss (she's finding out she's more of a girl than she realized, lol) or telling everyone how great I am (which hello...I'm all about an ego boost) she'll keep you entertained.

3. Vixen Kitten is always so kind in her words and seems to always be able to relate to whatever the topic may be...she occasionally has naked chick pics on her blog which are fun, but my faves are of her dog Honey. She's a caring and kind hearted, lil blonde with lots of "pep" (but not in a bad way, lol)...and an excellent writer. I thoroughly enjoy reading her stuff and I appreciate all the super fabulous comments she leaves :)

4. Helen of Feeding a Family of Five for Fifty is a Scottish chick whose lot's of fun (I read her blogs with a scottish accent just for more fun) and have learned a lot from her. She shares great recipes and her blogs offer a great deal of variety. Though I warn you, don't check her out on an empty stomach... she takes pics of the food she prepares and I'm telling you...IT'S GOOD STUFF.

5. Donna Gotlib is a fantastic artist. She creates unique and fun digital collages that I enjoy because they make my mind wander. Sometimes I look at her work and just get lost. As with many artists, I'm not always sure of the story behind the work she did (at least from her perspective), but I'm ALWAYS pleased with the way her work beckons my mind to become engaged...I guess in short, it makes me think and it's pleasing to the eye :)

6. Asphalt Cowboy is one of my newest guilty pleasures. Rhett's blog is one that I visit just to get away...when I am in the mood to crawl around in someone else's head besides my own... Just one of those bloggers that I seem to really identify with though sometimes I'm not even sure why... for a lack of better words, Asphalt Cowboy's blog is the couch to my lazy days... a place I feel comfortable and am content just "being."

7. Elizabeth from Seriously KEEPS IT REAL. She doesn't sugar coat anything and she speaks her mind...that's something I can appreciate. She is open and honest and I love that... I never know what to expect when reading her blog and the "surprise" keeps me coming back for more.

8. Real Live Lesbian always brings something fun to the table. From great Margarita recipes to just fun in general...she's a great way to break up the monotony in any day.

Wow...I guess I'm a couple short...pretty lame huh? Well we'll just chock it up to the fact that I just haven't had the time to "discover" new great and wonderful blogs yet...I am open to suggestions :)

Ten honest things about me:

1. My favorite smells include: fresh cut grass, puppy breath, my dog's feet when they kind of smell like popcorn, the smell right before it rains/storms, the smell when they plow the fields and dig up the peanuts--but only for a couple of days, then I get tired of it, Jen's perfume, Jen's hair after work, smells like buttered popcorn, lol, my old spice SWAGGER deodorant...and really just the fact that I rock some old spice deodorant, ha.

2. One of the things that makes me happiest is to take Pepper on a car ride and look over in the passenger seat or in the rear view (depending on where she decides to sit that day) and seeing her little doggy smile that shows her true contentment in the situation.

3. I love lightning storms...I like sitting out on the front porch of my mom's house in the rocking chair just watching it streak up the sky.

4. It dawned on me when I looked in the back seat of my car this morning and saw a kid's booster seat that even if my license plate says VAGYNA, I'm not nearly as cool as I once thought I was...and I was okay with it.

5. My biggest fear is failure, followed closely by spiders... though if I had to choose to be locked in a room with one of them with no way out, I'd quickly learn to be okay with failure, ha. I've embraced the fact that things don't always go according to plan or on time time schedule I'd like them to. It doesn't mean I have given up on myself or anything of the sort...it will come when the time is right.

6. I go through phases where I want to be a truck driver... but then I take a look at my driving record and figure for the safety of everyone around me, it's probably a good idea I don't follow through on that dream...

7. I think that more kids should get their ass beat than actually do. Sometimes the parents need their asses beat as well.... one day, I'll probably be on the news for beating some random kid or the adult with them just out of principle because they were being a "bebe's kid" and annoying the piss out of me.

8. I'm becoming my mother more and more each day. I didn't used to think that this was a big deal until I heard her say, "Why should I let anyone else do it when I'm just going to have to re do it to make it right, hell--I'll do it myself the first time." I don't want to be that way and I see it more and more each day... with little things like cleaning, cooking, okay EVERYTHING...I don't know how Jen stands it some days...

9. I want a tattoo of a hippo but am too chicken shit because I think it's fucked up to be a "big girl" with a hippo tattoo...just seems wrong... but will probably not deter me in the long run. I'd also like a beaver tattoo because well it's just funny to me and I'm easily amused.

10. I want more friends. I want more gay people in my life. I'm a hermit a lot of the time, which is easy because of school and work and what not... but dammit I'm a few weeks away from being done with school and I want a group of lesbian, gay, trangendered....I dont care or mixed group of folks to play cards with and have a beer or two with...folks to just chill out and say hey whats up and I don't have that. I don't make a great deal of time for the friends I do have which is awful of me to admit to, but I want more friends that I have stuff in common with, but I don't want the bar scene to be what we have in common, does that make sense. I'm not into the bar scenes anymore, I just want to take it easy and do "grown up things" and still be able to enjoy their company even if I'm not in the mood to drink...I dunno...it's weird. I'm weird...what the fuck... it is what it is...it will happen when it's meant to.

No comments:

Blog Archive