Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Memories #2

For the past couple of days a random memory has been lingering in my mind.

I've been the type of person who from the time I was a small kid, when it was time to get in the shower or change into my pjs--would take my pants and underwear off in the same step. Hell, I do this still today.

The only difference is that I have to remember to separate the underwear from the pants before doing laundry... no biggie and it works for me. As gross as this may seem to some, I also have been known to wear the same pair of pants two days in a row (this is especially applicable to my bum around clothes which I put on at home after work and a shower...) I know when they are dirty and I learned while in college that if you have to pick up a pair of pants and smell them prior to wearing them, odds are you don't need to put them back on until after they've been washed. End of story.

Well anyway, onto that memory I mentioned earlier. In seventh grade, I remember going to school one day and feeling something weird in my pants leg while standing in the hallway...some of you may already see where this is going...

I got to the classroom and looked down only to, at the same time as a couple of boys that were in my class, notice that my underwear from the day before had just fallen out of my pants leg and were now on the floor nestled soundly by my right foot.

I was horrified. I tried to play it off, I scooped them up real quick, some pink fruit of the looms...freakin' a...I ran to my locker and put them in my back pack so that i wouldn't have to deal with the situation right then....I'm not sure if I ever actually convinced one boy that it wasn't underwear but something different...but I don't recall it being that serious in the long run either way.

I'm not sure why this image has been in my head... just one of those things.

2 comments:

Elizabeth A. said...

This hasn't happened to me in public, but I remember putting my gloves on to talk to campus and saw the bulge above my knee and being oh, so thankful those hadn't popped out during class, on the bus, etc.

Oh, and I hang my pants back up a couple of times before I wash them. I'm a girl, I'm not stinky.

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Have to say I never had that problem. Maybe finding my underwear but we won't go there.

I always had dryer sheets hanging out of my jeans or slacks. Not in school but only like 7 years ago and at work!

TP stuck on your shoe, dryer sheets peeking thru...life had gotten too complicated so I made the switch to liquid fab softner.

Blog Archive