Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Under the Sea

My sister's nursery theme is Under the Sea...she asked me to paint her a few pics to frame and put up on the wall. She didn't want them painted directly on the wall so that when she moves she can take them with her...

I used the oh so lovely Google to get an idea of the type of "animated" little sea creatures I wanted to do. I hope she likes them. I'm going to write a special note to my sister and to my soon to be niece on the back of each, wrap them, and give them to her on Sunday at her Baby Shower...I want her to be surprised. Even though she knows I'm painting for her, she doesn't know which creatures I went with. Exciting.

The quality of the pictures isn't that great...I couldn't find adequate lighting for my digital camera to cooperate...but I wanted to share nonetheless.


Hermit Crab...


Sea Turtle (these are my sister's favorite)


A Seahorse...

A little bit different from the normal stuff I paint...but I think for a nursery it will suffice. I'm getting excited...I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT...I wonder what I'll be called....Aunt T? Aunt Tom? Aunt Tommy? Thomas? I dunno...this should be interesting...

She's due within a month"ish"....

2 comments:

vixen kitten said...

YOu did a great job! They are adorable.

xoxo
~vk~

tommy said...

thanks vk

Blog Archive