Friday, September 4, 2009

Things that make you go hmmmm....

It feels like I pulled a muscle under my chin, how random is that.  I'd love to blog about how I was trying out this new acrobatic style tantric cunnilingus move that I learned from a traveling lesbian gypsy--but alas, that is not the case. It happened sometime while I was asleep.  How ridiculous is that.

I went to bed last night which was Thursday and was confident that I'd wake up and it would be Saturday morning so that I could sleep in... what a disappointment waking up was.  Nope, still Friday (normally a great day, but my 5 to 6 hours of actual sleep a night has finally caught up with me and I just want to sleep in some kind of terrible)... I got to work a few minutes late because I fell asleep while standing in a hot shower.  All was cool  until I woke myself up freaking out because of a dream where I was drowning...

Since I was already late I called security to see if anyone was waiting for me (they weren't thank goodness)...stopped at the gas station for some liquid crack (aka Mountain Dew--I tried drinking a lo carb monster yesterday and just couldn't, my taste buds rejected it)... I get here to work, grab my clip board and head out to the warehouse floor.  In the midst of my rounds I notice that a couple of my contractors are missing. (My contractors have two supervisors, me because I work for the staffing agency that employs them and their floor supervisor who works for the client, part of my job is to ensure that all of my people show up and/or are accounted for and that they perform to the expectations of the client...)

I hear my name being paged over the intercom followed by an extension to call--I call and discover the two missing people were now in the building but way late... I come to the front to coach them and see what the hell the deal is... they looked stoned out of their minds and the dude tells me that the reason he's late is "it's his birthday." Okay, happy birthday but you're still late and normal points apply... had you been here on time then you would have work, but since your late, your floor sup opted to not give you any work today... (he looked, real bent out of shape over it, NOT)... the girl, who rides with him was conveniently not feeling well but felt okay to come pick up her pay check.  Today is not the day for shit like this.  I don't have the patience.  I issued her double points because even though she showed up, its still like calling out on a friday (which are double points days) because she didn't even make an effort to work.  At five attendance points, people get fired. End of story.

So I've been a bitch already this morning...still trying to get caught up on my reports, print equipment badges for my new starts next week and get things lined up for Tuesday.  The great news is that they just made the announcement that they are leaning towards NOT working on Monday which is Labor Day... they were scheduled to at first, but they got caught up with the pick and are thinking its not necessary...but we will be scheduled for ten hour days for next week in order to avoid working next Saturday....

Peak season is kind of officially here...as much as it can be right now with the economy the way it is.  They are going to start picking Christmas product on Tuesday and start shipping to the stores....that's one downside to the warehouse industry (and even retail) you have to look at holiday product months before its even time to buy it...Halloween has already been shipped out, Christmas stuff is up to bat.

Friday's are supposed to be fun days as far as the daily meeting go.  Ugh.  Today was guess who one the Super Bowl every single year it was played. Oh yay, NOT.  I don't follow football or any sports really, I like watching some from time to time,but I just don't get into it.  Exes have been huge sports fanatics... mainly Football (the Giants or the Bills depending on who I was seeing at the time)... one was all about UFC, watched a few pay per views and always fell asleep before the main event... i just don't have an interest.  Jen is apparently a huge Bears fan (it's sad that I just text her prior to posting this to ensure that that is in fact the team she's been talking about...I had it right which made me feel good and like I do pay attention, but since she's from Colorado, my first thought was to say the Broncos)... College basketball, Pro ball as well... I try and share this interest with her but I'm not even good at faking it.... she'll watch the stuff on tv and I'll sigh deeply, roll my eyes, and just do homework instead.  What am I going to do with Regular season football fast approaching and school about to come to an end... maybe I'll take up knitting again instead...I dunno...just something about commentators and the sports thing in general that stresses me out.

I'd like to physically go to a hockey game since I've never been, but I dont want to watch it on TV.  I like baseball, but don't follow on TV, I love Softball, but I just wanna go watch real people play up close and personal, not watch via TV....I dunno...

The moral of the story is that I was totally ganged up on in the meeting today.  Out of five women in the room, and about 13 men, only three of us weren't football fans and could have given a shit...of those three, two of us are lesbos so a lot of the guys just assumed we were supposed to have an interest.  I'm sorry but when I was given my "lesbian card" it said nothing about having to like sports in order to keep it.  But then again, maybe I was too distracted by the shiny new toaster oven and swiss army knife that they gave me for "crossing over" HA.

Okay, I have work to do for real.  Have to be caught up and ready for the bosses return from the Gay World Series.

3 comments:

Helen McGinn said...

Ok...I read this but I kept coming back to the pulled chin muscle....I was gesticulating to the screen, like..."WHAT??". That sounds bizarre and awful. I wonder if you grind your teeth? That would do it.

Anonymous said...

It was the DUDE's birthday, and it was Friday, and it was a flat tire, a parent who's sick, a car that won't start, the alarm broke, no electricity, no milk, his Momma's birthday.....LMAO, 5 points hey, that's very generous.

tommy said...

Helen-

I don't grind my teeth as much as grit them and bite down so hard to the point it jacks my jaw up the next day...I must be an angry sleeper...

Jude--

That's what I thought...besides I don't make the rules, I just enforce them and these folks are killing me.

Blog Archive