Monday, September 21, 2009

Paranoia sets in

I have serious issues. I didn't expect my day to be shitty when I woke up all snuggled up in the covers on top of my fabulous new mattress pad.  Hell, I even did my hair and make up.  Not something I do often these days, much less early ass on a Monday morning.

Then I got to work.  Processed payroll, checked on my sister (she's fine, still prego)...found out from my boss that I had training that afternoon for a batch of new hires.  Really...I know that we are having a problem getting folks in the door but I just would have liked a little more notice.  Then I walk in the office around my contractors lunch time (I had been out on the warehouse floor) and BAM there's my boss sitting at the table in my office.  WTF?  I kept my cool and didn't even act surprised (in my opinion)...she left for lunch with some of the managers and I got things lined up for the new starts doing paperwork and their equipment training.

My mind got to working (which isn't generally a good thing)...I felt some kind of way. I felt like my boss showed up unannounced in an attempt to catch me doing something I wasn't supposed to.  It freaking pissed me off.  She's never come to help me train before, why now?  She was going to shadow me and see if I needed to focus my efforts anywhere, see what my weaknesses are and provide feedback. 

It wasn't until later when I chilled the hell out that I realized that she's aiming towards a promotion, if that were to happen for her, then I could in theory transition into her role (which I don't know if I would accept or not to be honest...) so it's possible she was making sure I was ready.  Then again, she could have just needed a break from the main office.  The point is it was odd for her to show up unannounced...I wasn't doing anything I shouldn't have been, thank god I wasn't blogging or chilling in the office half asleep. 

I'm just paranoid all the time. I feel like everyone has ulterior motives regardless of the circumstances...i need to get over it.  I'm still working on my resume...

My sister is still pregnant.  They started inducing her this morning and at about 6:30pm they gave up and have decided to try again tomorrow since she had only dialated 2 centimenters... this baby is a stubborn one for sure.  So update, I'm still not an aunt officially. 

Pepper is sitting next to me on the couch stretched out and Chino kitty is curled up on a pillow that is strategically placed on the lego table I have set up in the living room...

Um, Chuck Lidell, from UFC is a freaking competitor on Dancing with the Stars--RANDOM...

Back to the resume...perhaps.

No comments:

Blog Archive