Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Country a la Tommy


This is the old barn behind the house.  It needs to be knocked down the rest of the way...the next hurricane is sure to do the work for us...lord knows what kind of creatures are living in there...
 
The Cedar tree... grows right next to a gigantic pecan tree... there's another cedar tree at the end of the lane...I can't help it, I'm amused by their beauty, but scared to walk too far under them due to the spiders that love to call it home...

 
The orchard... lots of fruit treas and a field on either side...the deer LOVE this spot... and Pepper LOVES chasing the deer... luckily they are faster than her to avoid a hoof to the head...

 
Blood Lillies... they are like fireworks on a stem :) I LOVE these...they grow right on the other side of the deck

 
The concord grape vine... (with a giant weed/bush growing in the middle) I don't fuck with these on account of the spiders that call it home (noticing a theme here)?

 
Cotton surrounds the house...I thought it was soybeans, but it's obvious now that I was wrong... I can't tell the difference between soybeans, cotton, or peanuts... corn however, I got that... lol

 
A part of the driveway...

 
This building and its identical twin are on each side of the driveway... me, my sister, and brother always referred to them as the "guard towers" growing up... The one pictured here actually houses the generator, the other...I couldn't tell you... 

 
The white trash section of the yard, lol...
Anyway, as you can tell, this post has no relevance, just felt like sharing...

3 comments:

2momswithaplan said...

Wow! I love your land - even the white trash part.... it has so much character.

Do you actually pick and sell the cotton?

tommy said...

Well the house sits on 100 acres of farmland...but Gma rents out the land or sharecrops it, I dunno... All i know is I don't have to mess with it..I prefer my cotton already prepared in the form of a shirt or some other fabulous type of thing :)

Anonymous said...

I.LOVE.THE.BARN!

I could spend a hour or two just shooting it. I had done a whole series one time of barns in PA. They to me have so much character and life.

Blog Archive