Thursday, September 10, 2009

Perninium

After spending three hours yesterday training a guy that was scheduled to start this morning, I get into the office and see an email from my boss.  She had forwarded me an email from one of the floor supervisors with their staffing needs for tomorrow (keep in mind it's now 10 minutes before the end of my shift)... Okay not a problem i can call these people out, let's keep it moving (I was a little peeved to say the least that I had been on the floor like the majority of the day and the supervisor didn't even bother trying to tell me in person AND I WORK RIGHT HERE ON SITE...so yes, my invisibility has been confirmed)... Around this same time my phone vibrates with a reminder about a new voicemail (one that I had received about 15 minutes prior, but was training and couldn't answer it on the floor because of OSHA regulations and such...but I digress)... It was another supervisor telling me that he didn't need any contractors for the next two days... I already knew that the volume forecasted was leaning towards a "limited work force" (which means contractors get told no work first and the permanent folks only under dire circumstances...this is the nature of the staffing world...you live with)...

So, at five o'clock I call an end to my ten hour day after calling 35 contractors (sometimes two different numbers) to let them know not to report back to work until Monday and that checks will be with security on Friday type of thing... I missed the chance to meet Jen and lil man for dinner like we had planned, but did make it to the restaurant in time for them to be winding down their meal and for lil man to tell me about his second day of school.  A fifteen minute visit is better than none I say, though longer is always better.

I left there contemplating a haircut.  The hair on the back of my neck is driving me batty and I needed it taken up a bit...(I was trying to avoid this because I tend to ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS end up butchered and wishing I had just done it myself, but when it comes to the more feminine styles I have a hard time working on the back because one slip up and I have to cut a lot of it to fix it--if I'm using the clippers I'm fine...) I got an oil change while I made up my mind about the haircut.  All the guys there were commenting on, "What the hell? You went from a Dodge Ram 1500 to a Hyundai Tiburon...wtf?"  These are not guys that I hang out with on the regular, but they learned a long time ago from my various stickers and license plate that I'm pretty cool to talk to when I'm there.  They liked the new car overall, were impressed by it and the "Save a tree eat a Beaver decal on the side window" and as always got a laugh from the VAGYNA license plate.  I figure I have a few more years of this plate before Lil man can put two and two together, deeming the plate inapppropriate.

A trip to the bank to deposit some money (to counteract what I was spending)...a stop by Cato to try and find some jeans (yeah...wasn't happening)...then a shoe store for a new pair of kicks (I go through shoes fast in the warehouse...lots of ground to cover)...I didn't find sneakers but I did find some really bad ass Sketchers low boots, tie up, look like steel toes with my pants down over the top....and they were on sale so I didn't have a coronary buying them.  Thirty bucks for a pair of comfy shoes is totally in the budget...and then it was decided...yes, haircut.  Let's give it a try.  I text Jen and asked her to cross her fingers and hope for the best...she was in a smart ass mood and told me that she'd do it after she finished rubbing one out, haha... I needed that to say the least...she always makes me laugh.  Though she might have been very serious because I didn't get her "Good luck" text until after the haircut was finished, lol.

Doris, a stylist who had been doing hair for the same company since before I was born cut my hair.  She's not real up to date on Razor cuts so opted to do it another way... she listened and didn't scalp me so I'm content overall.  Now that my hair has been shaped up I feel confident that it will be easy for me to go in with a razor and texturize my hair the next time it needs cut...I know I can do the sides and front like I want...and hell I can always have Jen help me with the back...but that's still a month or two away.

I made two separate stops to pick up dinner.  I had called grandma at the end of my shift to check on her.  She was rather excited because she had driven for the first time since her fall, four months ago... Mom rode with her... Gma is going to driver herself to a Keenagers meeting this afternoon (thats the name of their 60+ group in the church....)...I ate dinner with her, which always makes her happy, she is stir crazy from being alone during the day sometimes so she creates shit for people to do so they'll come around which really just pisses them off and makes them not want to... but anyhoo...

I made a quick visit to my mom's house (it was already 9 o'clock at this point, so guess who didn't even bother pulling out her computer to work on a paper or two...) While there my mom told me about her traumatic driving/riding expedition with grandma....she told me about how she was scared for her life and had like an idiot refused every drug offered to her by her friend the medicine cabinet....Vicodin, Xanax, etc...I would have opted for the Xanax for sure...but hey that's just me.  She mentioned having to double check with grandma that she could feel her feet enough to use the brake... (she has neuropathy in her feet from diabetes)... she admitted to struggling at which point mom explained to grandma that if she wrecked mom wouldn't hesitate to SUE her, lol....which of course made me laugh.  I love going to mom's house because on most days all everyone does is laugh and I'm all down for that.

Mom and mandi asked me how lil man was doing with school so I summarized the bus issues that Jen is running into and told them about my new Thursday plans, effective today: I'll get off of work, drive into town, meet Jen at her townhouse... stay there with lil man... get his homework done if he has any... make him dinner...put him in the shower... put him to bed by 8:30 as to not screw up his sleep cycle... sign into my class meeting at 9... do that... still Jen's fast as shit internet.... wait for her to get home.... come back to the country... let Pepper out one last time.... crawl into bed.... and get up ass early to get to work on time for Friday.  Granted, I don't have to work this Friday...Grandma is still uneasy about taking care of the dog by herself so I have to head home to do that and won't be able to crash at Jens :(.  It's sad, I haven't stayed at Jens house since probably three months into our relationship....I'd say at least 7 months.  In previous relationships I'd stay at their place all the time if applicable, but Jen's roommate doesn't allow pets so since Pepper can't come with me...I have to make other arrangements... bummer.

Back to mom's house:  I start talking to my sister about how she's feeling and if she thinks she's going to have this baby anytime soon...(the 3D ultrasound says different dates when it measures different parts of the body)
Head: last week
Middle: Yesterday
Legs: next week or the week after due date, haha

She wanted the baby to be born yesterday so her bday would be 9.9.09...

Me: you know that baby's not going to be born today, just to spite you
Mandi: You know that this baby isn't going to be born this year just to spite all of you
Me: Damn, it's gonna be a little extra crispy isn't it
Mandi: Yeah, but at least her legs will be ready by then

Haha.  She's so worried about this baby having lil chicken legs...really worry about something serious like good health or something ha.  Then while we were all talking about the baby stuff somehow mandi's ass came into the discussion...I dunno, don't remember...I just remember her asking me if I wanted to "oil her perninium...oh wait what's that thing called she asked?" P-E-R-I-N-I-U-M (the area of human anatomy that has many names...taint, gooch...i dunno people tend to get creative with it.) She was talking about the scene in the Movie Baby Mama (if you haven't seen it you need to)... where they birthing coach tells the partners that they should massage olive oil around the perinium to help it stretch during birth and the pregnant chick raises her hand and asks if they can just spray it with PAM (cooking spray) instead...it's hilarious...

Anyway... a productive day I'd say.

No comments:

Blog Archive