Wednesday, September 9, 2009

If happiness were...

If happiness was an inanimate object it would be glitter for sure.  Sparkle-y and shiny and full of twinkles and hope.  Lol.  If I was on meds at this point I'd certainly go and get them readjusted... because I'm trippin balls I'm so happy.

I came to work this morning and finally caught up with the Assistant General Manager of the Distribution Center to see how he felt about me taking Friday off.  My boss can't cover because of the Company function (which was covered in a previous ranting blog)... so she told me to see what he thought about the matter.  He seems to believe that Friday's is going to entail a limited workforce (which translates into the bulk of the contractors not being here... and me twiddling my thumbs) so he thinks it will be fine.  I have to announce my planned absence at tomorrows morning meeting, leave a contact number (and take the phone list to call people out if necessary for monday from my personal cell...which hopefully won't happen because I don't want these people knowing my number)...and I'm in the clear for Friday.  HOORAY.

Granted things could change...but as of right now I'm content and planning on not being here on Friday.  Perhaps I will get my papers done on time (still haven't started them for anyone keeping record of my procrastination....) I did however pull up old files to see if I had an old business plan that could just be tweaked and resubmitted for this class...but I don't...

Happy Hump Day :) It's looking like a three day work week for me this week so ya'll know I'm stoked.  Oh and I'm about to go have Mexican on an "extended" lunch with "cheerleader" from work...because she's with the client i can justify and hour as opposed to half an hour because it's "biznazz" YAY...

1 comment:

Helen McGinn said...

LOVING the new blog design! Glad you got Friday off AND an extended lunch....these things come in threes ye know....

Blog Archive