Thursday, September 10, 2009

Faux mom

So I've mentioned before that I agreed to help Jen out with lil man on Thursday nights since that is her late night at work... Tonight was the first night and well Jen might kill me.

Don't get me wrong, I did a fine job with lil man (as always if I do say so myself)--the lil guy loves me and I'm not going to lie, I really like being one of the two super heroes in his life.  I say it that way because lil man refers to us as MOMMY and TOMMY which just makes me smile and makes me think of Batman and Robin, or Spongebob and Patrick... a dynamic duo in our own right.

The reason Jen may kill me is because while she was out I decided to rearrange her bedroom to unblock the chi that was trapped in it.  Since I've known her the only thing she has moved was a single cabinet.  I can't help it...the way it was arranged always kind of irked the living shit out of me.  Before it didn't matter because we were too busy having sex for me to give a shit about feng shui... it still shouldn't matter because we still have lots of sex, just from the comforts of my place instead.... today it was an issue because well I just couldnt take it anymore.  My class meeting wasn't until 9 and lil man didn't have to be in bed until 8:30... I had an hour to kill and well I chose rearranging her furniture as a way to procrastinate even further on my paper.

The kicker is that now that I've rearranged her room I realized that subconsciously I was testing the waters.  Testing us.  We hit ten months, so yes...still fairly new compared to others, but dammit you have to start somewhere.  I am ridiculous when it comes to rearranging furniture...I move shit around like every two weeks...just for the hell of it or when things just feel chaotic in my life.... I guess that on some weird level I wanted to be able to see if she could handle that about me.  She knows that I do it to my own stuff....but with me having plans to eventually move in with her sexy ass when the time is right.... I have to know that she can handle me doing it to her shit as well, lol.  I need a hobby.

I didn't go through her stuff, just moved the big stuff and piled her personal stuff for her to go through on her own... maybe it will be okay...I'm anxious for her to get home so that I can see her reaction.  Hopefully she wont freak out. 

I dunno, I've said it before...I have no desire to have my own kid, but I'm in love with a woman that has one and I love him too....I like being a faux mom... a second mommy... I can be there to help, I discipline when necessary, but really what it all boils down to is that I'm this chick that hangs out with his mom all the time and loves the two of them, can transform his transformers, most of the time on command, and LOVE legos... lol...I'm his pal. 

I'm many things to many people...but to these two I feel pretty damn awesome and wicked special.

No comments:

Blog Archive