Sunday, September 27, 2009

Before and after


So I was in a painting mood this weekend.  I wasn't sure what to do with myself since there was no homework due and nothing I absolutely HAD to do.  I walked into my bedroom and saw this painting hanging on the wall... I often walked past it thinking...that's so not what I intended when I painted it all those years ago. 

I painted it back in like tenth grade, so like what, '96 or '97...the art assignment was to select a title off of a list that the teacher provided and then paint something accordingly.  For whatever reason, I selected the title..."Inside the head of a Teenage Schizophrenic" and came up with:


I actually got a B on it because the teacher didn't feel like there was enough "art" since there was too much writing on it... I don't know why I hung onto it for SOOO many years...but I did have a few favorite parts:



A doo doo fly of all things...


 

I also went through a Palm tree phase... I dunno... they've always appealed to me

So anyway, Friday night got here...I was tired, but pretty excited about a night in...it was rainy and icky and I had rented movies...I pulled the painting off the wall and yanked the three dimensional head of it and covered it in black.  I didn't have anything planned...I just let the canvas lead me (some of ya'll may find that rather "gay" but there's no other way to explain it...) this piece moved me and I'm really happy with how it turned out :)...

I don't have a title for it yet however....I am open to suggestions...


 

It just makes me happy. :) 
 

2 comments:

small town dyke said...

great work!!

Mel's Way or No Way said...

I like it but have no idea for a title. Glad to hear you're feeling happy :)

Blog Archive