Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Peacefully Chaotic

I have a metric shit ton of things to do today at work since today is day number one of the boss being out (she flew to Wisconsin for the Gay World Series yesterday afternoon)....

I found out this morning that one of the guys I work with (he wasn't one of my contractors, just a cool guy to talk to from time to time) was killed on Monday in an accident that killed him on impact.  I don't know details, just that whatever happened the end result was him driving into the back of an 18-wheeler.  Tragic.  I know he left behind a young daughter...he was one of those guys who never had a negative thing to say and kept a positive outlook despite how dim the future may have looked at the moment.

Like I said I didn't know him on a personal level, but it's still sad nonetheless.  I found it rather tacky when one of my contractors came up and asked me where they could get an application because he wanted to apply for his job (the guy worked for the maintenance dept for the client)... Really, the news was just announced like four minutes ago and your first thought is trying to get his job... What I really wanted to say was Look Jackass, you aren't even qualified and you don't come to work on the regular anyway, why would they hire you...you are barely keeping the job you have now FUCKER.

But alas, I didn't.  I told him he could get one from security.  What a shame. What a shame.

I have a meeting this morning, followed by Walkie Rider training for a class of 8 new hires that are slotted to start on Tuesday.

Monday is a regular scheduled work day which sucks, but hey money is money.  I think I'm going to take next Friday off so I can be sure to have a window of cushion in getting my final two papers done.

I'm tired.

I'm hungry.

I'm chilly, but loving this weather.  Fall is obviously around the corner.  I had to bring a hoodie to work so that I wouldn't freeze to death from the chill outside.  This is my FAVORITE kind of weather...60 to 70 degrees, breezy, but not too gusty...lol.

Good stuff.  Okay, seriously work to do now...

Oh yeah, there must be a full moon tonight or one coming soon (I dunno for real) because I just had an ex contractor of mine (she went permanent with the client) vent to me.  This is a 100 pound when soaking wet, 50ish woman who barely spoke other than to say hi and what's up--anything additional, while it happened was always executed in a very low voice... She flagged me over and proceeded to vent about how FUCKED UP and RIDICULOUS and blah blah blah and she said GD a whole lot as well...at the top of her lungs, which was still muffled by warehouse noises...SHE IS PISSED.  I had never seen that side of her...I guess because I never pissed her off when I was her boss (which looking at what I see now is a definite good thing, lol)...I was scared for a second, didn't know what to say so just provided an ear. This place makes people crazy...I will be looking into getting out as soon as I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey send some of that hoodie coolness to me will you, please? I can't wait for the temps to go down here.
And you're right on with the full moon, Sept 2. I got an app for that ;).


BTW, thanks for your encouraging comment...hugs.

vixen kitten said...

I love hoodie weather too!

Hang in there, Sweetie. Something better is just around the corner. I can say that from personal experience! You will graduate and find something more deserving your talent.

xoxo
~vk~

beans said...

Thanks for coming to see my blog. I am looking forward to reading more of yours! Fall is also my favorite time of the year--just cool enough to wear shorts and a hoodie!

Blog Archive