Monday, April 6, 2009

The Weekend Rehashed

I was called out of work on Friday because I wasn't going to have any contractors in the warehouse, no real reason for me to be there--so why was I thinking hey a day off...SCORE...SIKE. I cleaned my mom's friend's windows which took up my morning and into the afternoon, came home and showered, gathered my hair stuff and went and did my boss's mom's hair....which took another few hours... Done...not hardly.

Well you see...Jen's b-day was Saturday, so I volunteered to pick up lil man from the sitter and took him (in stealth mode of course) to Wally world so that he could pick out a birthday present for his mom (he wanted to get her a toy so he could play with it so finally I was able to convince him to pick something out for his mom and then I'd buy him a small inexpensive toy for himself...) we picked up Pizza Hut (his choice) and headed to my house. We ate and then I had to wash and set grandma's hair because she canceled her hair appointment the day before and then volunteered me to do hers (which I'm not bitching, I love my gma but I'm always doing for everyone else and putting me on the back burner...) So anyway, got lil man cleaned up and in pj's and let him wait up for his mom so that he could give her his present because she had an early morning meeting on saturday...(he also picked her out a spiderman birthday cake, lol).

I let her open my present after midnight to make it quasi-official and then got cleaned up and crashed. I was supposed to take Jen to work Saturday morning so that afterwork we could just leave and go to the beach...yeah that didnt happen. I decided to take lil man to see monster's vs. aliens (for his third time, my first) because it gave me an excuse to take flowers to Jen at work. (Her company has a very serious code of conduct so she can't be openly gay and I figured that her son taking her a bouquet of birthday flowers would be a lot more innocent than her girlfriend, lol.)

Get home and ready to pack only to stop and cut my uncle's fucked up last minute hair...but again my fault because I could have just said no...but anyway....running behind trying to have everything perfect and slipping into I need to have a hissy fit moment...but trying not to because this is Jen's day, not mine... Jen gets to my house and I'm on the verge of tears just because I was so irritated at the world and grandma was pissing me off...plans changed a little more and I became aware of just how anal I really am...(we were going to take my car originally--granted hers makes more sense for the beach, but whatever...lol...) All I could think of was ugh...that means I'm not driving, and we won't be listening to my music...etc... Like I said, I was having a moment and getting bent over the dumbest shit...

We go to my moms after getting the element packed up to get the beach house keys, stay and having nasty ass spider man cake and hit the road at like sevenish.... we get to Hatteras three hours later....by this time I've unwound and am back on track with this being Jen's day. Lil man fell in love with the beach house immediately because there were cartoons on the tv and a toy box full of toys. I made Jen a lil nervous because it was my first time turning everything on myself--I did it though, Electric, gas, and water....(still taking a bow on the inside, lol)

Anyway woke up ass early on sunday morning (5 am) to the Fire Dept's siren alerting the volunteers to get in immediately...went back to sleep and got up and got ready for the beach. It was lil man's first time seeing the ocean and he was stoked. He and Pepper ran in and got their feet wet, we almost couldn't get him out of the water... it was fun and exciting...a few hours and a sunburn later we were back on the road again....

I was trying to get us to my moms house where I had arranged with my moms help another surprise for Jen and had cake and icecream waiting for her. My mom watched lil man last night and he's over at her house again today while Jen's at work... so I'll get to see them this evening.

Overall a fabulous weekend...its just a shame that I'm a damn drama queen and can't seem to keep my moods in check. Today... well today is not so fabulous, but that's grounds for another blog.

Happy Birthday Jen--Love you.

No comments: