Thursday, April 2, 2009

Karma is Golden

So I got a call from the dealer and had to redo some papers because my loan fell through. I assumed that by late in the day yesterday I'd be back in my truck and carrying on with life...not the case. Turns out that one of the guys at the dealership had fudged a whole bunch of numbers which meant that by the end of the month the dealer was 15 cars off from where they should have been to meet quota (shitty for them, apparently wonderful for me)

They found a bank that would approve me but only for a specific amount, an amount which was considerably lower than what they had originally tried to get me financed for... Let's just say that they were scrambling so bad to make this deal go through to be closer to hitting their numbers that they took the negative $10,200 equity I had and zapped it. What? Well, they gave me over 8200 bucks for my truck which the Kelley blue book estimated to be worth only 4 grand tops (not including the three grand in body damage that I had done to it) which left only 1500ish dollars in negative equity...add in the 3000 dollar cash back option the vehichle had on it and it looked like I put 1500 dollars down for this new car.

Yes, that's right the dealer essentially bent over and took a great big one up the ass and paid off my truck at NO COST TO ME!!! My payment went up only 6 dollars from my original truck payment and I got:

A new 2008 Hyundai Tiburon
Gap Coverage (which I didnt have on my truck because I had refinanced)
Satellite Radio
101,000 few miles
Warranties that I didn't have on my truck
etc
etc
etc

My payment dropped almost 150 bucks from the original contract I signed...HELL YEAH!!!

I do not under any means condone falsifying of information to get what you want...which is why I was 100 % truthful in filling out my portion of information and I honestly went in with the attitude that if I can't get out of my truck, I'll just pay it off and try again in a few years...I was very buried under it....now...WHAT TRUCK? I do miss her though...not filling up her gas tank so much though...

Just goes to show you that Karma really is a serious thing...

No comments: