Friday, October 30, 2009

It's Friday, finally

Not sure what I'm excited about since I've got a ten hour work day today and have to get up ass early to be at work at 5:45 on Saturday morning to take attendance.  The plus side is that I get to go back home afterward and crawl back into bed...Jen will be there waiting for me... I'd like to say I'd have time for a quickie before she heads off to work (shes working during the day saturday so that she can go with Me, my mom, Mandi, and lil man trick-or-treating...then I'll have her all to myself Saturday night for a change--aka way before 11:30 or midnight, lol)... the reality of the matter is that I'm one of those people who 9 times out of 10 if I got to choose between sleeping a little longer and sex, I'm choosing sleep.

Don't judge me.  I love sex, but I love sleep more some days.  I make exceptions here and there...but it's great because 9 times out of ten Jen prefers the same... lol.  It works out.  I love having a girlfriend that likes sleeping in on the weekends (normally sunday for us)... even lil man will sleep in a bit, until he gets hungry and he lets us know... (Jen and I try to alternate weekends as to who gets to stay in the bed and who has to feed him and watch cartoons and hang out... I'm not going to lie, I've played the "he's your kid card" once or twice just so I can sleep some more....) but normally I'm a team player and willing to let her lay there until I get back in the bed and cuddle up next to her.

My foot hurts worse than normal.  I can tell a difference in my heel from the few pounds that I've lost, but unfortunately I'm limping because of my right foot... this is the foot that normally kills me but rather than the pain in my heel like normal, it's in the ball of my foot on the right side.  I know its from the way i've been walking on it to make my heel not hurt as bad...but I think in the long run I ended up giving myself a fucking stress fracture... I need to go to the doctor but refuse to pay another doctor anything right now with all the other medical bills I'm still paying on...Shit.  I will go eventually, hopefully before I do some real damage.  But the concrete floors of the warehouse are BRUTAL.

The contractor of mine that was discovered to be a registered sex offender did end up getting fired.  I ended his assignment day before yesterday.  I'm expecting to fire a minimum of six people today for various reasons.... one already resigned so that cuts it down to five.  Since September of last year we've fired over 348 contractors and only 10 percent of them were my companies decision... I hate the staffing industry for that reason.  But I digress.

I'm working on a new, more generic resume and have intentions of creating a cover letter as well... Gotta keep my eyes peeled.  There is this guy at work that just walked in for the morning.  I despise him.  He's supposed to be all about "safety" but is ignorant in my opinion.  He's a hypocrite and I really don't see what purpose he serves.  On top of that he is a pastor, another case of one of "god's" representatives doing the most judging and saying/doing the most inappropriate shit.  He had the audacity a couple of weeks ago to mention something about how a woman's place is in the kitchen, among other masagonistic (spelling?) topics...I nearly came unglued.  The simple sound of his voice or laugh makes me cringe...ugh.

I had a girl moment yesterday.  When I got to Jen's place I just cried.  It was a combination of things...but aside from the normal, I'm a girl bullshit, I had been talking with my boss about our frustrations with work while she was on-site yesterday and she'd vent and I'd see her eyes get glassy and she'd look like she was about to cry (though she didn't)--and it was hard for me seeing my mentor, my boss this butch tough guy lady actually getting worked up because she's frustrated... when she normally lets she just roll... It was difficult.  She's dealt with this account twice as long as I have and I don't keep it a secret that I'm looking for something different...I just hope she finds something different (though I don't know if she's looking) so that she doesn't get stuck back out here in my absence if I do find something--does that make sense?

It was cool though...Jen let me talk..she listened, even through my long pauses where I was trying to choose my words carefully and not really lose my shit in front of her...i have an image to protect, lol (she'd love me regardless) and it's kind of jacked up but I think that sometimes, even though she's never said it, she finds relief in seeing me cry because then she knows that I do have feelings, lol.  God I must suck as a girlfriend.  I tell her how great she is on the regular and how much I love her, but most of the time I try and pretend I have my shit together and that I'm super tough and can handle anything, when in fact I'm this big baby that cries more often than I think I should and who will avoid talking to the woman I love if I'm super bummed out because I don't always want to be crying... though side bar...I do always eventually end up talking to her about this stuff.  I'm just one of those people that has to wrap their head around shit first.

I hope pepper is alright. I left her with grandma overnight last night.  Which meant she slept in her kennel which makes me sad... I'll make it up to her tonight, lol... she'll sleep in my bed and she and Jen can fight over covers and who gets to cuddle with me like normal.  Shit, who doesn't like two women fighting over them, hahah. Just kidding.

Shit to do, shit to do.  Agenda for the weekend, hang out with lil man, go to bed early, wake up ass early go to work, back to bed, hang out and chill, cook this new recipe I found at Weightwatchers.com (Layered mexican chicken), trick or treat, chill relax, sex, chill relax, sex, sleep, sex, sleep, sex, hang out, chill out, sex, some more sex, and get ready for another fifty five hour work week. Oh and update the resume

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It'll be a good weekend. Get some rest and down time....chill out...de-stress with some s.e.x.

Sounds like a plan.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Hope you have a good and relaxing weekend.

Anonymous said...

A Friday posting and what, today is Tuesday? How the hell do you expect me to get my Tommy fix at this rate? Just sayin.

Hope things are ok with you.