Thursday, October 22, 2009

Google

I googled myself today.  I'm not super conceited or anything, but after my coworker putting the paranoia bug in my head I had to see how easy I was to find on the web.  I don't want to give up blogging you know.  I searched first by first and last name. 

Luckily there is some dude with my name that is a famous turkey caller or something so they'd have to go 50 pages deep to find me I'd guess...so no worries.  Second search was the full name... Still the same old non detrimental stuff... classmates.com class of 99 crap... so what. 

Well then I got creative.  I wondered about my email address so I typed it in and well fuck... there's my blog.  Damn it.  So since I was a complete and total idiot when creating my original blogger address and used my initials and name... I have changed it.  Now... in theory, anything posted under that address no longer "exists" and now the address is more generic without linking me obviously to anything.

So I don't feel like I conformed and gave up blogging to appease the masses and protect my job or potential jobs because of my randomness and opinions--I have however taken a smarter less obvious approach to my blogging...

Free speech, while a constitutional right doesn't do shit for me when it comes to employment really... and let's face it... I want to be successful in my career.  I do not however want to stop blogging, or have to censor what I write.  Blogging is my outlet and has been from day one... I can't live in fear of being penalized for my views, lifestyle, pics with beer or anything of the sort... that's no way to live in my opinion.  And i feel like as long as I don't call someone out by name or out my company or place of business on the regular in a negative fashion that I should be okay in the long run.

Fuck the bullshit.

No comments: