Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I was sick

I called out of work today because I was sick.  SICK OF GOING TO WORK perhaps...I dunno.  I just felt like ass.  I couldn't force myself to get out of the bed.  I went to bed at nine thirty last night and when that alarm went off this morning, I just couldn't do it.  I called my boss, then texted asking her to text me when she got the message... twenty minutes went by and still nothing so I called the big boss and left him a voicemail to ensure my ass was covered.  I don't get paid sick days...so I just took a hit on my next paycheck...I dont care.

What kills me is that I still got three work phone calls today, two from supervisors at the warehouse who didn't even realize that I wasn't there--gee...glad to know my presence is missed when I'm not around.  Fuck.  I still figure two call outs in 14 months is still decent... I don't exactly abuse the system, that's for damn sure.

I think I'm going to go to the beach this weekend.  I need to get away.  The kicker is I asked my boss yesterday for Saturday off, in case they work (via email, because she had called out herself due to feeling like ass) and got a response last night that said, she didn't see it being an issue on her end, but that I needed to ask the GM and AGM for the warehouse to see if they had an issue with me taking that day off... another thing that bothers me about my limbo position.  I don't just report to one boss or company, I have two that most of the time I need permission from in order to do anything, but then don't really get the perks from either one...blah.

Chuck Lidell just got voted off of Dancing with the Stars.  My head hurts.

I had a mood swing the other day which turned into Jen and I lashing out at one another.  Nothing serious...just blown out of proportion because she's the type that wants to talk and resolve things immediately, and I'm the type that just wants to be pissed the fuck off for a little while, even if I don't know why.  The more I'm pushed to talk the madder I become.  Last night we talked and I can safely say that for the first time in almost a year we had a conversation after a little disagreement and actually resolved the issue rather than just letting it be and never really resolving it...the issue just kind of disappears....  Not to say that we have issues often, but they happen nonetheless.  It feels good to have finally resolved something, lol.  I told my mom about us actually resolving things... she laughed and said, "Oh, what was that, your in a functioning relationship with communication for a change....this is a new concept...." Then she did this whole evil laugh thing, what a smart ass.

Jen mentioned something about lil man inquiring about us the other day... the conversation began something like: "mommy, are you and tommy boyfriend and girlfriend?"  She couldnt really talk about it to fill me in, so I'm curious as to how the conversation actually went.  We don't do anything in front of him except for hugs, but we give him hugs too... but he's a smart kid... so who knows...

There is so much on my mind right now, but I can't focus on any of it right now.  I'm frazzled for no reason.  I don't wanna go to work tomorrow, but I can't afford the day I took, much less more. 

Pepper needs flea AND heartworm stuff and her toenails cut...I mentioned it to grandma because she told me when I got Pepper that she will help me with the expenses.  Funny how anytime I ask her for help, she says shit like..."your paycheck just doesn't stretch far enough" OBVIOUSLY NOT IF I'M ASKING FOR HELP...jeez nevermind, I'll figure out something.

Gma had the nerve to comment on what I was eating earlier.  She knows I'm doing weight watchers.... she offered me her chinese the other day and I declined... I explained that there were a lot of hidden calories that I wasn't interested in...she continued to mumble about how she didn't think that was true because "chinese people aren't fat..." REALLY LADY....

So then she turned her leftover chinese into some weird fucked up soup and offered it to me again....JUST TRY IT she said...SHE SO DOESN'T FUCKING GET IT.  I told her again no thank you and she got an attitude.  This is also a woman who is on medicine for diabetes and swears its vegetables that gives her the shits and not the nine tons of sugar she consumes in a day that her medication fights against.... whatever lady, I was on one of those meds for a short time trying to treat PCOS and I couldn't even think about sugar without getting the shits... its not the vegetables....

So today, my mom comes over to balance Gma's check book.  She brought over the vegetable soup she made last night.  This I ate...I know what my mom put in it and was able to figure out the points involved because she's made it the same as always and the onions, celery, and carrots type stuff season it so nothing else is added.... well I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to go with it (counting all of my points accordingly...of course) and i sit down at the table...Gma mutters...."you're having two pieces of bread..." Luckily mom saw the glare I through grandma and explained to her that I was eating bread that counted as only one point because it was high in fiber...etc...

I had to flat out tell Gma that if she kept watching what I'm eating and criticizing that I was going to stab her in the eye with a fork.  My mom's jaw dropped open and she tried to explain to grandma that it's important that they support my efforts instead of added stress to the equation.  She assured grandma that if I was eating something then I had counted the points and subtracted them from my daily allotment.  Grandma is a lifetime member of weight watchers and had been since like the 80s....now she's back up over 250 and can't get around worth shit.  But because she's a lifetime member she's apparently an expert.

4 comments:

vixen kitten said...

How much does Pepper weigh?

small town dyke said...

please don't stab grm in the eye, you would only have to help her more! lol good luck with little man.

tommy said...

VK--45ish

Small town-- good point... and the talk seemed to go well...

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Everyone needs a mental health day time to time BUT do not stab Gma! As good as it may feel at the time she's not worth prison. :)