Tuesday, November 3, 2009

While I was out

I fell off the face of the earth for a few days...time to play catch up.

Friday I had a day from hell and a training class that lasted entirely too long.  Normally, four hours tops... that day 8... and this guy still couldn't follow directions and learn to operate a walkie rider (motorized pallet jack with a platform you stand on to ride)... in the end I finally called it a day and assigned him to an area that required no equipment... he would have tore so much shit up in the warehouse had I pretended all was okay...but I can't do shit like that on a good conscience, karma is a bitch you know.

After finishing training it was time to fire people.  Ended up firing six... per the request of the client.  Fucking ridiculous in my opinion, but hey, what do I know?  The shitty part is that I fired someone and then when questioning it later, which prompted my boss to reach out to the ops manager for a professional WTF? He explained that he had given us the wrong name.  WHAT? Yes, that's right.  I fired the wrong fucking person on a friday... that is the type of shit that makes people go postal, you know.  Well I call that guy and apologize for the confusion, explaining that he had been confused with someone else... I could have said anything at this point... the guy was happy to not be fired but now sees me as being a total dumbass who doesn't know my ass from my eyeball (despite the noticeable difference in size and texture)...

Bunch of fucking no nothing dumbasses.... but i digress.

I hung out with lil man on friday after my day from hell.  Got up ass early Saturday morning and came to work to take roll.  Got back home and woke lil man up to pee (we are trying to help him prevent accidents)... at which point he did not go back to sleep but from 6:45 am on asked every 20 minutes if it was time to go trick or treating yet.   Jen worked a day shift so that she could trick or treating with all of us... Me, lil man, mom, mandi and baby charley....


  

That's Earl (Pepper's BFF...and technically my lil brother, lol) He was not amused being dressed as a Pirate.


 

Mom and lil man on a mission

Turns out that lil man isn't so much a fan of trick or treating after all... a lot of the costumes and people jumping out from random places scared the bejeezus out of him so we headed home early. I made whole wheat pancakes which are actually fabulous with a lil vanilla extract and some splenda... I cussed out grandma (see my other blog for details on that...)--I'm already going to hell quick enough on my own without retelling that story...

Afterwards, Gma held baby charley:


 

She's just a cutie...


 

So Sunday I woke up in a shitty mood and misread signals from Jen and ended up showing my ass.  Jen went home with lil man and we took some quality time to ourselves.... later that evening we had a nice long talk and effectively communicated (an area we both agree we need improvement from time to time...) Kissed and made up via telephone.  Sidenote: we are much better at saying how we feel and what's on our minds...it seems like before we were way too concerned with how the other would react or what they might potentially feel... after cussing out grandma, it turns out that this sense of liberation I'm experiencing is helping my communication as well :)

Jen and I will hit our One year on Sunday...the one coming up.  She had made reservations at a bed and breakfast near Williamsburg... (funny that I tried to do the same thing but was B-R-O-K-E....hell I'm considering graduate school just to put off student loans that are fast approaching due)... but we opted to cancel... We are instead going to go down to Hatteras, NC and enjoy some waves and perhaps even some fall surf fishing... drum are biting this time of year (not that it matters since I don't really eat fish...) I just wanna cuddle with her and drink hot chocolate and put my feet in the cool sand and smell that sea air.

I have a few ideas in my head of some alone time things we can do when we are down there.... mom, uncle john, aunt melissa, and potentially mandi and charley will be down there as well...so I'm curious to see how much alone time is actually feasible--but we can still have a good time... just being at the beach is good enough and being with jen of course... It's funny...hatteras has been my favorite place since I was a kid... it's one of Jen's now too even though she's only been a few times, lil man's too... I'm thinking of showing her some new parts of the island...we'll see.

Apparently, Tuesday is my new monday as "field hockey" so eloquently put it.  I just don't feel like doing shit at work today. I got what I needed to get done done...but I could have done a lot more. Fuck it... just one of those days. 

I lost a few more pounds this last week and was so excited that I got into my favorite pair of jeans without sucking it in and noticed they were even starting to get loose in some areas that I left my fucking cell phone on the bathroom counter. What is this world coming to.  I feel naked.

I changed my haircolor the other day, but still have some tweaking to do.  As soon as I get it "just right" I'll put pics up (per Jude's request, lol)...

3 comments:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Congrats on your approaching anniversary. I hope you have a great time together and want to hear all the juicy details ;). Hahaha, just kidding!

That really sucks that they fucked up by telling you the wrong person to fire. As if firing someone isn't bad enough but then having to call them and tell them thet're really not fired-WTF!!!

Anonymous said...

FUN FUN FUN. and good on the one year too...you've made it....my first year with the wife was hell! The get away sounds awesome.

One of these days you and I need to meet at a bar, bend our elbows a few times and talk warehouse war stories. Our famous saying was "ya can't make this shit up". And you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Awww and thanks for working on my request....made me feel special. ;)

Dex said...

Falling off the face of the Earth happens some times. Welcome back. :]