Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cotton, movies, beer, and fire....

It's about that time.  They are plowing the fields and busting ass trying to get everything harvested in time.  The cotton is blossoming as well:




What a week.  What a week.  I survived though.  I decided to go see a movie at Jen's theatre...I took mom, Uncle John, and Aunt Melissa with me.  I wanted to see how Jen would react, so I played up the femme in me. I showed up at her theatre where she was hustlin' because it was a busy Friday night....(she looked great as always and I have to admit, seeing her in that take charge environment is always a turn on, lol)  This is what I opted for femme wise...


My hair is long enough in the front and on top to actually use a straightening iron on...crazy.




We watched Couples Retreat with Vince Vaughn, which was freaking hilarious, but didn't beat out The Hangover as my favorite movie this year... afterwards we headed to a sports bar and grille for a beer.  I had talked the fam into this prior to leaving the house and they were game.  Uncle John is always game (he used to go with me to the Lipstick Lounge, a lesbian bar in Nashville, TN for drinks on the weekend)... so a sports bar doesn't even phase him.  He likes getting out.  Mom and aunt melissa aren't old bitties but have their moments. 

Aunt Melissa agreed to be the DD for the evening.... we started drinking, we stuck to a pitcher of Michelob Ultra, nothing too crazy, plus lower in carbs and did our first toast to me graduating, which was cool.  Jen stopped by for a minute (she couldn't stay because she had to pick up lil man from the sitter).... well three pitchers later we were feeling fabulous.  I'm going to have schedule a celebration evening where Jen can participate and drink too ;)... I walked Jen to her car and didn't realize how buzzed I was until I yanked her hair to pull her face to me for a kiss and did it a lil too rough and totally caught Jen off guard.  But I digress.

We decided to head out to my brothers house--he was having a bon fire.  By this time I had a nice buzz and mom and John were toasted, lol.  The fire wasn't really burning because the wood he was using was entirely too green... piss poor planning, lol... that didn't keep me from taking pics and drinking a few more beers... My mom like NEVER drinks.... she took my camera and took a pic of herself and I almost pissed my pants when I was flipping through my camera looking at the pics I took and found this one:



How could I not love this lady.


Uncle John's drunk ass... my goofy ass, and my lil brother Jeff.


 

For us to have been drinking, this pic turned out pretty good.


 

Me and Uncle John...


 

Needless to say, mom slept hard (aka passed out) last night...


 

Me and Karen (Jeffrey's Girlfriend) I like her best in very small amounts :)


 

Can we discuss the fact that my brother is drinking out of a freaking Mason Jar... seriously dude... does it get anymore country than that????

Tomorrow is a trip to the Peanut Fest...if it's not raining.... for now... more sleep is on the agenda.


3 comments:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Look at you miss all glammed up! Oh, and I did notice a bit of clevage in that second picture. Ooo, la, la!!
By the way, A picked up some Wild Blue tonight and toasted to you.
Have a great weekend!

vixen kitten said...

Well, damn! Look at YOU!

Mama looks toasted and happy!

Favorite pic...the mason jar. Seriously. That's classic!

Have a great time today at the Peanut Fest...whatever that is!

xoxo
~vk~

Anonymous said...

Lots of smiles and good times. Can't beat that.

Your new hair...yeah, it's nice...change is a good thing. I wanted to put my hand thru my monitor though and get your top sticking up...just sayin. ;)