Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bend over and grab your ankles

I walked into work hell this morning.  In the middle of checking the voicemail to see how many call outs I had, one of the supervisors called my cell.  The conversation went like this:

Her: Um, whats the deal with all of these people being here?
Me: You told me yesterday at 2:30 that you wanted every one of your people here
Her: So the calls didn't get made?
Me: Why would I make calls if you told me everyone was working?
Her: I sent an email to B (my boss) yesterday at 3:00 telling her that I only needed four people and gave her the names.
Me: She is in Chesapeake, I'm right here in the warehouse--it's easy to overlook an email, I'm here until four every day so that I can make calls and line up ya'lls staffing needs, I can't do that if ya'll don't tell me
Her: Well, I'm going to send them up there to you then

Essentially, the expectation is that if any of my contractors report to work, they should get paid for/given 4 hours of work.  (This almost never happens) If they tell me ahead of time, I call my contractors the evening before so they don't waste gas coming to work when the volume isn't there to support them being there.  So today, I had a handful of people come in, only to get sent home which left me looking like an ass for leaving my guys hanging.  It pissed me off first thing.

So needless to say at the 8:45 (the daily meeting because this place has more fucking meetings than any company I've ever seen, it's a wonder that anything fucking gets done) I made the announcement reminding all of the sups that I can't help them if they don't communicate to me what they need as far as staffing then I can't help them.  Then I reminded them that B works at the main office, I'm right here on sight...Please email her as a back up, but you have to tell me or it's not going to happen.

Then to cover my own ass, I went to the Assistant General Manager's office...He's second in command for the whole damn Distribution center....I explained to him that I was told 30 minutes prior to said email going out that everyone was expected to be here.  I also mentioned that I hold myself accountable in ensuring their success by having my people there... but I feel like they aren't accountable in their ho hum attitude and lack of urgency in providing me with their staffing needs.

FUCK! MY GIRL ASHLEY JUST GOT VOTED OFF TOP CHEF LAS VEGAS, fuck.  Another lesbo down....

My bad... lemme focus... one of the girls at work put in her notice.  I was talking with Field Hockey (whose hair I actually cut tonight)... and she was like would you considering doing her position?  It's HR Assistant for the DC... My instinct says no.  I'm tired of the bullshit, not just with the staffing company I work for, but the client company as well.  Not to mention, it would in a way look like I was backtracking resume wise because it would be a step or two backwards in my opinion.  I would like the HR side of things, and have to start somewhere but...I dunno.  She asked me if I had talked to Jen about it yet to get her opinion...

Me: No, Not yet
Her: Dude, that's what relationships are for, not just sex....sometimes in talking to people you find they have insights into things that can help you
Me: OMG it's not like I was never going to talk to her...I just haven't yet...I'm working, I'm busy, she's working, she's busy
Her: laughs....

I just thought it was funny that she would say some shit like that... Cheerleader finally announced that shes pregnant again.  I think she's about 11 weeks along and is already eating crazy. 

On a random note, Chino kitty is freaking out and meowing nonstop missing Gma.  Gma is coming home tomorrow night so he'll be set then....he loves gma because she feeds him junkfood all the time. 

My sister Mandi told me this evening not only did her soon to be ex husband's lawyer retire (as in put a sign up on the door and said peace out, didn't refer any of his clients or anything) but he called her today to tell her that her lawyer had called him ... he said that he hadn't gone to pick anything up yet, Mandi asked why...he apparently fell off a building and broke both of his legs.

Holy fuck.  If ya'll knew the whole story it's safe to say that you would be shocked as to the wrath that karma is bringing his way... damn.

Fuck, it's late...I need to pack a bag and get ready for the dentist tomorrow afternoon and then to Jen's... at least I won't be up late...since I made arrangements for pepper I'll be able to crash there...and in theory right after lil man goes to bed...  I'm tired and it's been a long week.

I'll have equipment training again this Friday... Fuck.  Come on Saturday morning....

Oh and on my lunch break I ran into my ex-best friend's cousin.  She's all grown up now and there is no way in hell that she's not a member of the all girls team.... this is humorous to me because my ex-BF was a total homophobe back in the day (I don't know if she still is or not)... lil things like that make me happy.

Cost Plus World Market is having a friends and family event this weekend where you can save 25% off of everything except like alcohol I believe.  I obviously can't get the lil coupon to everyone in that amount of time, but if anyone wants the online discount code, just let me know... I'll send you the info... how sad is it that I work in one of the two distros for this compnay and have never been in a store...maybe I'll go this weekend.  They are kind of like a Pier One Imports ON CRACK... lol

1 comment:

2momswithaplan said...

"UCK! MY GIRL ASHLEY JUST GOT VOTED OFF TOP CHEF LAS VEGAS, fuck. Another lesbo down...."

Whoa with the ADD kicking in! lol

I can't stand it when people won't communicate at work! When i was an admin it was my biggest pet peve! I hope this weekend gets here fast. I don't know about you but my job has drove me to drinking. LOL