Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Never a dull moment

The boss was at work today.  I'm still excited that I have a boss that I can "usually" talk to about anything.  Whether it be struggling with a resume, her home repairs, weight loss, doesn't matter--she's good people.  I do her mom's hair about every five weeks, she's good people too.  But I digress.

She had a meeting with the GM and a few other members of management plus her boss.  She came back and shared with me that the GM had nothing but praise for me and gave me serious Kudos.  Score.  He apparently said that I was a perfect match for this account because I had good rapport and got along well with all of the managers and what not.

Today, I get called into the HR manager's office by the Assistant GM... apparently while the AGM was doing his random trolling on the internet (which makes me happy that I changed my blog address) he discovered that one of my contractors was a registered sex offender. 

We are required to do background checks on all of our contractors in order to have them cleared to work for this client.  We go back seven years.  Well his charges are from 2000 so they wouldn't show up.  Unfortunately, after an employee of the client company was discovered as a registered sex offender, he was fired immediately... the odds are this will be the fate of my contractor as well.  It's out of my hands. 

I would have never expected it from this person, but I don't know the circumstances and can't cast judgment... all I know is that there is now the potential for me to lose one of my most reliable contractors.

Never a fucking dull moment around this place.

1 comment:

Queen of Ruckus said...

Yikes! You know, Tommy, this reminds me of a very good episode of Law and Order: SVU... hahahahaha! Anyway, what did happen to that contractor? He was fired, right? Yeah, background checks are a tricky thing, and especially if they only go back so far. Good thing that it didn't fall back on you, you know? That just goes to show that you really don't know people. I mean, who would have guessed in a million years that he had such a HUGE skeleton in his closet, right?
By the way: How are you feeling today? Looks like your week started off a bit on the down side... the good thing is that the weekend is upon us! Woo hoo!!!! Two days off... ah! Heaven!