Friday, November 27, 2009

SS card = MIA

I can't find my fucking social security card.  I know I've seen it recently, but apparently I hid it and put it in a safe place and well now I can't find it.

I went to the interview today.  It was more of a get to know me, my strengths, weaknesses and what not... because this is a direct hire opportunity, but through a staffing agency, I have to go through all of there requirements even though I'm not going to be working for them.  The recruiter feels like I have great potential to be this company's next shipping/receiving supervisor, so she forwarded them my resume today.

If they like me, then I'll interview as early as Thursday or Friday (and find out at that point who the company is and what not)... all i know is that they ship products to LL Bean and Lowes, Home Depot, Costco, etc...so it sounds right up my alley.

The kicker is, I've done all the assessments they require (I just spent an hour and half doing their testing to prove that I'm proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, etc...but, I can't do much else WITHOUT my social security card. They require it.  They let me use my birth certificate for the I-9, but I still need the SS card...
Oh well, I'll search for it more come tomorrow afternoon and Sunday...if I don't find it, the only thing I can do is take a long lunch on Monday to go to the Social Security office and have another one issued.  But that takes time.  Fuck me and my hiding shit from myself.

1 comment:

vixen kitten said...

If you go to the SS office they will issue you a letter which is acceptable for use with the I-9, until your card comes. These days it's normally within 7 days.