Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Phases of Santa

Santa Before


 
 Not an easy task ahead...


 


 
ZZ Top-esque


 


  
 Wild man, not white enough


 
 Second Bleaching in one night... The fumes were ridiculous.  I got home and had to go straight to bed, I was light headed and woosey...You know Santa was struggling as well...he had the stuff right up his nose... He stood up after getting his hair washed the second time and got so light headed he fell out in the kitchen floor... Scared me half to death (luckily Santa wasn't hurt, there'd be a lot of disappointed kids come Christmas time if that was the case...)


 


 
 He really looks like Santa Claus in this picture to me


 
End of Day 1: (Four hours of processing)


 

  
Day Two: Only took 2 hours this time...and finally got it to where we needed it :)


 
Got White?


 
Damn I'm good...lol.

It was A LOT of work, but I had a good time doing Santa's hair.  I really do feel like a celebrity stylist, haha.  Santa has his first appearance this weekend...and I'd say he's ready to go.  I'm going to take Jen and lil man to one of his appearances in a couple of weeks.  The kids are allowed to ride on top of the fire truck and everything...so it should be fun.

I survived.  Santa's hair didn't fall out. What a great time. Fabulous results.  Good stuff.

1 comment:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

That's an incredible job Tommy! The final color was absolutely perfect and looked authentic. I hope you get a chance to post a photo of him in his full gear this year. He's going to make a lot of kids very happy-and probably a few adults too. :)