Thursday, November 12, 2009

For the record

I am alive.  I have decided to boycott work for the rest of the day (except for a short time needed to update a spreadsheet or two).  You see, it had been a friggin' week since I read or wrote a blog and dammit it was stressing me out.  I need to blog to survive...it's just how I roll. 

Considering that Southeast VA (aka Va Beach and inland areas) are getting smashed with a freakin' noreaster at the moment and the weather is shitty with 50mph wind gusts that nearly carry my big ass away...I'm just refusing to work. It's not just that...it's the rumor that they are closing the warehouse at 2:30 this afternoon that's also contributing. AND the fact that I am in business casual attire because I was scheduled for some additional training at the main office in Chesapeake (they have a strict dress code that resembles nothing like I normally rock in the warehouse)... but due to the weather, flooding and multiple road closures I'm not going...

It all boils down to me being fucking tired of every single person in the warehouse commenting on what I'm wearing...I can only handle so many "ooooh gotta a hot date dontcha..." "wow, what are you all dressed up for..." and creepy guys on equipment doing drive by speed so they can check my ass out in my pin stripe slacks that IVE NEVER ACTUALLY FIT BEFORE... yeah this should make me feel good, but it's more annoying than anything.  Some of the looks I'm getting are making me feel like some of these dudes are "trying on my woman suit..." and Id just prefer wearing my own skin, not lending it out. 

I've officially read most of the blogs I was behind on...if I missed something I apologize...and I have some fabulous ones planned... I mean HELLO...I JUST HAD A ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND for pete's sake and it was FANFUCKINGTASTIC i tell you :) More blogs to come.  I'm watching lil man this evening and plan on making use of jen's wireless before I have to call it a night and go to bed for another early ass yucky morning.

My hair is currently dark brown, and I cut it again...I don't even think I told jen I cut it, ha...I did it myself this time which reminds me why i never pay for haircuts, they either fuck it up, or I redo it a few days later...I'm thinking I might go platinum blonde if I have time this weekend...we'll see.

Side note I chipped a sliver off of one of my front teeth WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ALL ABOUT... now there is a jagged feel and sharp edge (it's not noticeable to anyone but me...but damn)

2 comments:

Queen of Ruckus said...

This is such a beautiful blog, Tommy! AWWWWWWWW!!!!! You made me misty eyed with this one! Congratulations on your one year with Jen!!!! YEA!!!! :) I am very happy to read that you had a great weekend celebrating (hell yeah!). (wink wink!) Awwww!!! Sorry I am all sentimental...I'm too femme for my own good! :)

AHHHoooouuuuuuuaaaahhH! Hey hey now! No need to feel bad wearing something that you haven't fit into in a while! Let them stare! Woo hoo! Hey now, girlie girl! hee hee!

Mel's Way or No Way said...

TOMMY!!! I thought I was going to have to send out a search party. It's good to have you back!!

I'm glad you and Jen had such a great anniversary weekend and I'm anxiously awaiting the details.

Sorry about your front tooth but that's usually a pretty easy fix and if it's annoying an emery board can do wonders for a sharp spot when you're in a pinch.