Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I did it

Okay, I did it, let the ass raping begin...(no not seriously)

I just submitted my information to have a recruiter for Haircuttery give me a call. Not just a call...you see they are like head hunters...they want to call and check on you, see if you have any questions, give you thirty minutes to decide what you want to do, where you're able to work and what your availability is then call you all over again.

I've decided that I'm going to pick up a few nights during the week (attempting to avoid weekends entirely) to supplement my income and use for "fun money." No, I'm not planning on making this my sole livelihood again, but hey it's a start. I love doing hair (just on my terms)--I hate doing perms and old lady hairstyles...I like the hip/funky styles like obnoxious colors, punk rock razor cuts, even updos but ya know I have to grow up sometime and for right now...it is what it is.

I'm proud of myself for taking this step, but at the same time I'm a little nervous in general...doing hair isn't just about doing hair... it also means that I'm going to have turn my charm back on, tolerate ignorant asses who come in with pictures of Jennifer Aniston but look like Quasimoto--i'm not saying I don't want to do ugly peoples' hair... I just hate how a lot of folks don't realize that they need to get haircuts that are flattering... If you have a five-head (elongated forehead) you probably need bangs, etc...

I'm such a damn hair snob. But on the plus side haircuttery does free classes with no limit to how many you take...so I can broaden my horizon's again. Good times good times.

When and if I decide to do hair fulltime again...It will be on my terms and only fabulous stuff...no crazy shit like MULLETS....I FUCKING HATE MULLETS.

No comments: